Ross Perot Billionaire and Twice Candidate for President has Died at 89

Ross Perot Billionaire and Twice Candidate for President has Died at 89

A very interesting, good man, who tried to help our country. He certainly understood jobs and the economy and warned against the NAFTA deal. He spoke clearly and was attacked for his style, but everyone remembers in hindsight his warning: “That sucking sound you hear is caused by jobs leaving the country!” He was absolutely correct.

5 Likes

God rest his soul. He was quite popular.

1 Like

May God rest his soul and comfort his family. I volunteered a small amount for his campaign, and still think he did a great job.

2 Likes

I voted for him twice. My mother and I also went to one of his rallies and I got interviewed afterwards on the Baltimore news.

Eternal rest grant unto Ross Perot, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him.
May he rest in peace.
May his soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

2 Likes

I still wish he’d won. Unlike Bill Clinton, Perot was honest.

2 Likes

RIP. I was a fan of his too. He was ahead of his time. A lot of what he said was true then and just as true today. Definitely an honest straight shooter.

1 Like

Indeed. I always felt that he marked a turning point in our political history. Had he won, it could have really broken the whole two-party mentality and opened things up for third parties. As it was, the system is now more entrenched than ever.

2 Likes

I never really understood the appeal of him. And I think once people got a look at him (and heard his voice) on tv it took some of the wind out of his movement’s sails (rightly or wrongly). Looking back on it, I wonder if he didn’t hand the presidential win to Bill Clinton, or was it simply time for someone else after twelve years of Reagan-Bush.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.