Rove to Leave White House Aug. 31

apnews.myway.com//article/20070813/D8R07SA80.html

WASHINGTON (AP) - Karl Rove, President Bush’s close friend and chief political strategist, announced Monday he will leave the White House at the end of August, joining a lengthening line of senior officials heading for the exits in the final 1 1/2 years of the administration.

On board with Bush since the beginning of his political career in Texas, Rove was nicknamed “the architect” and “boy genius” by the president for designing the strategy that twice won him the White House. Critics call Rove “Bush’s brain.”

“Karl Rove is moving on down the road,” Bush said. "We’ve been friends for a long time and we’re still going to be friends. Bush looked grim, standing with Rove on the South Lawn. “I would call Karl Rove a dear friend,” Bush said, noting that his own term is running down. “I’ll be on the road behind you here in a bit.”

Carville and Stephanopolis got jobs as commentators working for the Main Stream Media.

So, do you think Rove will be granted the same job opportunity?

no, he isn’t a liberal…

Maybe Fox not the others.

I do not see the Main Stream Maf…errr…Media hiring him :rolleyes: . The hate is too intense with them.

He would certainly make a great political analyst. It will be interesting to see if he pops up anywhere.

I think he is going to teach at University…maybe Texas…hook em horns:thumbsup: I’d sure like to take his class…would have to be interesting :yup:

The question is who’s Presidential campaign is he going to head? if its Fred Thompson its all over.

I don’t think you will see him signing on to anyone’s campaign. Despite his brilliance, his presence would actually hurt the candidate due to the media’s successful demonization of him.

I think he left Bush specfically to run a campaign. We shall see.

If he does …he will be behind the scenes…wonder how long it would be before the media would ferret out his involvement:hmmm:

Really? Did he say that somewhere, or is it just your guess (or speculation out in the media)?

If I were a candidate, I would want his advice…but I would want it quietly…maybe through a third person without any way to trace it back to Rove. :smiley:

Don’t get me wrong, I think he is great. It’s just that all of this “Bush’s Brain” stuff is really popular with a lot of people. Rove has been vilified almost as much as the President…more than Newt was when he was the Speaker.

Thinking alike again! Quit that. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

Sacre bleu! :wink:

mais naturellement;) :slight_smile:

Have you been to the University? Its a hot bed of liberalism. i don’t think he would fit in there at all. A&M or Texas Tech…yes he would fit in nicely.

I agree. I think he is going to go work on the Gore 2008 campaign

I wonder why he quit? His kind of people don’t just forfeit power.

Of course, the irony of his tenure could be that instead of his much vaunted permanent Republican majority, he may have helped put the nation on the path to a permanent Democratic majority.

The most plausible explanation I heard on Michael Medved’s show today is money. His salary is $168k/year. He will now be able to make $50k per speaking engagement. He will also be able to get a book advance of $1-2 Million. If he waits until “his guy” is out of office, his value will drop.

Also, from an historical perspective, he has served longer than most people in an administration. And, he’s 5 for 6 in elections. That’s a pretty good record.

As far as having “helped put the nation on the path to a permanent Democratic majority.” 1) Time will tell. I wouldn’t deposit that check just yet. 2) It is not all about Rove, even though people on the Left like to say that. He is an excellent strategist, but he wasn’t pulling all the strings.

Thats the new Democrat talking point. James Carville wrote a column today asserting the same thing and I am sure we will see a dozen or so Democrat talking heads assert the same thing in the next week or so. It is amazing how arrogant the Demorats have gotten over gaining very slim majorities in congress. I susect the Petreus report will send them in a downward spiral that will return them the minority party for some time to come.

Carville? That’s funny…Rove has a better success record than Carville. Sounds like envy to me.

Nothing permanent in politics. The only way the Democrats are permanently in power is if they rig elections and have a secret police. I’m sure everyone thought the Democrats would be permanently in power after the 1930 and 1932 elections.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.