Rudy Giuliani: 'Everybody' commits infidelity

sfgate.com/politics/article/Rudy-Giuliani-Everybody-commits-infidelity-9616332.php

I predict you’ll see this in the news before too long:

Giuliani: Trump 'better for the United States …

(I suggest watching the actual interview, rather than reading descriptions of what RG said.)

Plumbing new depths…

Here’s what he said:

“Don’t you think a man who has this kind of economic genius is a lot better for the United States than a woman, and the only thing she’s ever produced is a lot of work for the FBI checking out her emails?”

He was clearly contrasting Trump’s business acumen with Hillary’s track record of investigations.

But hey, the “she’s just a woman” narrative plays much better, doesn’t it?

“Well, everybody does. And I’m a Roman Catholic, and I confess those things to my priest,”

Isn’t this what is being debated currently in the Church, if those that are in second marriages without an annulment can receive the sacraments? If his 3rd marriage isn’t valid then he can’t really go to confession can he? His first was only annulled because they were 2nd cousins.

Sorry Rudy, your Catholicism doesn’t make you any kind of a moral authority. Only the Church can hold that role. I’m happy to mind my business and leave it between him and his priest but he is throwing it out there to score some political points so I feel justified commenting on it.

I am trying to get this straight: He is attacking her because she is married to an adulterer. Even though, apparently, everyone is.

So what is he saying? Wives aren’t fit to be president? Women aren’t? How dare she stay married?

I remember all the fuss back when about commencement speakers at Catholic colleges. I’m not sure why Catholics see Rudy Giuliani as an acceptable one.

Well, as someone who has been married for thirty years, I can confirm that no, not everyone commits adultery.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.