Rule of St. Benedict

:harp::heaven::highprayer:**It's a joy to be entered into a program as a novice oblate of St. Benedict.

Listening with the heart, contemplation and being of service to people wherever we are, these are just a few of the loving rules which draw us nearer to God. Prayers for all those discovering their vocations, that they are led by the Holy Spirit and find their unique journey with God.
Love and prayers,
Kathryn Ann*:nun1::signofcross::angel1::blessyou:***
:harp:

I am so happy for you!:D

May you have an enriching journey as a novice oblate of St. Benedict.

God bless,
~Rae

praying for you and all in formation as Oblate candidates, and for those who will make their profession at our annual reteat this weekend, the largest class in our history/

Congratulations!

You will love the Bennies :cool:

Prayers offered :signofcross:

[quote="Humility101, post:2, topic:258954"]
I am so happy for you!:D

May you have an enriching journey as a novice oblate of St. Benedict.

God bless,
~Rae

[/quote]

*Thank you:) I appreciate your note here! Best wishes to you as well!

:harp:

[quote="puzzleannie, post:3, topic:258954"]
praying for you and all in formation as Oblate candidates, and for those who will make their profession at our annual reteat this weekend, the largest class in our history/

[/quote]

That's wonderful! My prayers are with everyon***e!:angel1::nun1::highprayer::getholy:

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:4, topic:258954"]
Congratulations!

[/quote]

:angel1::signofcross::highprayer:
Thank you, yes! It seems a good "fit" and I am learning much! Blessings!

:nun1::harp::heaven:

God bless you for answering His call.

What drew you to the Benedictine life the most? I myself am discerning between St. Benedict's Rule and St. Francis's Rule, hopefully I will be fully ready to know in a couple of years to come.

I know it wasn’t aimed at me, but I’ll butt in:D

I love the orthodoxy, the stability and the Liturgy of the Hours.

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:4, topic:258954"]
Congratulations!

[/quote]

Seconding what Luigi has written. :D

prayers

[quote="mylo, post:10, topic:258954"]
Seconding what Luigi has written. :D

prayers

[/quote]

Hiya, amica mia! I trust that all is well.

3 days for me :extrahappy:

When I turn 15 I will most likely become an oblate of Saint Benedict. :slight_smile: I am going on a retreat to the archabbey where I will profess my vows this summer.(:

[quote="Maybeasister, post:12, topic:258954"]
When I turn 15 I will most likely become an oblate of Saint Benedict. :) I am going on a retreat to the archabbey where I will profess my vows this summer.(:

[/quote]

Excellent! May God bless you!

Prayers for the OP! Congratulations! I will be invested in February as a novice in the lay secular discalced carmelites. Will receive the scapular if I am accepted and my religious name, which will be St Mary Catherine of Egypt....

[quote="Shoshana, post:14, topic:258954"]
Prayers for the OP! Congratulations! I will be invested in February as a novice in the lay secular discalced carmelites. Will receive the scapular if I am accepted and my religious name, which will be St Mary Catherine of Egypt....

[/quote]

Please start a thread to remind us as the date gets closer :)

OK! :)Had by two interviews and now received the ritual for the investment…got my baptism certificate and need to answer a few more questions…and we’re done…just waiting on the Lord!:thumbsup:

[quote="Maybeasister, post:12, topic:258954"]
When I turn 15 I will most likely become an oblate of Saint Benedict. :) I am going on a retreat to the archabbey where I will profess my vows this summer.(:

[/quote]

Fifteen!! You are incredibly blessed to know your vocation at such a young age. I'm 30 and it took seven years or so to find out I'm called to the Lay Dominicans.

All things in time and with His Divine Will, of course. But fifteen! That's awesome.

Benedictines are excellent folks, and have a wonderful charism. Many prayers and blessings to you "Bennies" (love that term) out there!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.