Rush Limbaugh: Pope Francis is preaching Marxism

Evangelicals and Catholics together, anyone?

wnd.com/2013/11/rush-limbaugh-scorches-pope-francis/

I’d write something more, but this really needs no further comment. :frowning:

You have to realize that Rush Limbaugh is not Catholic. I heard his comments. He started out stating that he admires Catholism very much but felt in his opinion that the comments by the Pope concerning “trickle down” economics were maxist and leftist and he was very disappointed. I’ve listen to Rush for years and you probably have to understand that Rush is not the type of person that is going to understand the Catholic churches teaching on social justice and it’s nuances. Rush’s comments were not out of any anti-Catholic feelings because I’ve heard him enough to know that he doesn’t have any. The Pope’s comments don’t fit in Rush’s political views of economics and he was reacting to that. Whether one agrees with Rush or not, I think Rush was reacting to set political views he holds and what the Pope said didn’t jive with them. I think Rush was trying to understand where the Pope was coming from in his statements.

I used to like Rush, but his overblown attacks on Sandra Fluke, which served as nothing but fodder for the opposition were very harmful to the election campaign of Governor Romney. I think of him as more entertainer than a serious political philosopher anymore.

I can’t image someone disliking Rush over Sandra Fluke. Seriously, All she did was promote the adminstration’s policy that Catholic institutions should be giving out contraception like water. She wasn’t honest, She knowingly attented a Catholic University in order to challenge it and she should be more embarrased by her own immoral behavior instead of being promoted as some sort of heroine. Mitt Romney lost the election more to his own choices, especially in the last 2 debates than anything Rush said about Sandra fluke which he did apologize for.

To Rush, anyone with a view of economics different than Adam Smiths is a Marxist. Sadly he is too big a blowhard to research and see the widespread condemnation of communism by the church.

Many people come to capital hill with political points of view. Sandra Fluke did that in a dog and pony show for Democrats to try to make political points out of the Republicans not having any women on in a panel discussing contraception. Nothing new, would have been one day’s news and she would have been long forgotten except for Rush’s tirades.

Here’s a few quotes:
“What does that make her?” he asks. “It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She’s having so much sex she can’t afford contraception. She wants you and me and the taxpayers to pay her to have sex.”

“If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it, and I’ll tell you what it is: We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch.”

So, what did he do? He makes her a star. A shining example of why women should vote for the Democrats because the media darling of the Republicans bashes her. Great. That worked out well.

But I agree with you - Governor Romney lost because of his self-induced mistakes; not because of Mr. Limbaugh.

I didn’t hear rush Limbaugh’s show that day, but I did hear a clip. I tend to agree with your post. rush is one not to hold back on his opinions. I thought he could have been a little more respectful in his disappointment with the Pope. I think rush believes that the Pope really does not understand Marxism or economics to make the comments he did. I understood the argument that rush was making.

Rush who?:confused:

Please do not post comments by radio or TV commentators or articles about comments given by media commentators to start a new thread. They are rarely news stories. Commentators are paid to make controversial statements.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.