Rush Limbaugh weds, Elton John sings

But, according to a News Corporation (which owns Fox News) wire report, the Rocket Man, 63, serenaded the 400 guests Saturday night to celebrate the marriage of Limbaugh, 59, to Kathryn Rogers, 33, in the Ponce de Leon ballroom of Florida’s fabled Breakers hotel in Palm Beach. Sir Elton’s fee: $1 million, the report notes.

Amid dozens of giant bouquets of white roses, reports the Palm Beach Post, guests at the wedding included former Bush adviser Karl Rove; actor-politician Fred Thompson; former Kansas City Royals slugger George Brett; Fox News commentator Sean Hannity; former New York City Mayor Rudolph Giuliani; New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft; former Clinton adviser James Carville and his wife, GOP analyst Mary Matalin; and golfer Tom Watson, among others.

hotair.com/headlines/?p=86793

i think this is his 4th marriage. hope this one will be successful. i read that it was an
hawaiian themed wedding. i am sure it was very nice, but also very expensive.

thought it was strange that he chose elton john. he was undoubtedly the highlight of the evening.

Just keep on divorcing. Those vows are just suggestions.

Um...this is about politics? Just because it concerns Mr. Limbaugh, drug user?:shrug:

Sir Elton John's fee was a cool $1 million. Can you imagine what the rest of that shindig cost? I'm sure something like this would belong on that TV show "Platinum Weddings."

ChadS

[quote="BVM_1221, post:4, topic:200978"]
Um...this is about politics? Just because it concerns Mr. Limbaugh, drug user?:shrug:

[/quote]

It's heartwarming to hear from compassionate leftists who fail to understand what may lead to the abuse of prescription drugs. May you never feel pain so excruciating that you are willing to try ANYTHING. And when even the best painkillers ( like oxys) become ineffective as prescribed, you take more and more. Voila, you're a junkie. No one who has ever experienced such anguish has abandoned Rush, I'll tell you that. :rolleyes: Rob

[quote="ChadS, post:5, topic:200978"]
Sir Elton John's fee was a cool $1 million. Can you imagine what the rest of that shindig cost? I'm sure something like this would belong on that TV show "Platinum Weddings."

ChadS

[/quote]

If it had been some liberal superstar who had an equally lavish wedding - his or her fourth - I can just imagine all the comments on this Forum about marital fidelity, commitment, about liberals spending all that money, about how conservatives aren't like that, etc., etc., etc. :shrug:

[quote="ChadS, post:5, topic:200978"]
Sir Elton John's fee was a cool $1 million.

[/quote]

Chump change to Limbaugh.

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:7, topic:200978"]
If it had been some liberal superstar who had an equally lavish wedding - his or her fourth - I can just imagine all the comments on this Forum about marital fidelity, commitment, about liberals spending all that money, about how conservatives aren't like that, etc., etc., etc. :shrug:

[/quote]

As one who enjoy's Rush's show when I get the chance to listen (about once or twice per month), I actually think you're right. Rush, like my dad, should realize that maybe, just maybe, he's not meant to be married. Some people just don't make good spouses but can be great in other areas of life (Rush is great with entertainment).

God bless Rush and his marriage!

I am no fan of his but I certainly wish him the best!

[quote="Rich_Olszewski, post:7, topic:200978"]

[/quote]

Also, not to mention that the said fourth spouse is also 26 years junior to the other.

ChadS

Congratulations to Rush!

[quote="Feanor2, post:10, topic:200978"]
God bless Rush and his marriage!

I am no fan of his but I certainly wish him the best!

[/quote]

Which "marriage" would that be? The first one, second, third, or maybe this one, the fourth?

You know - that "till death do you part" thing is not exclusive to Catholics. It applies to everyone. God didn't say when He wrote the Ten Commandments - "oh, but this only applies if you are Catholic". :rolleyes:

~Liza

[quote="ChadS, post:11, topic:200978"]
Also, not to mention that the said fourth spouse is also 26 years junior to the other.

ChadS

[/quote]

Happens all the time.

[quote="ChadS, post:11, topic:200978"]

[/quote]

Couldn't help herself. What woman could? He's got those movie star looks perfumed with $40 cigar smoke. An irresistible combination. ;)

Now that he is taken (again), Tipper must be devastated.

[quote="lizaanne, post:13, topic:200978"]
Which "marriage" would that be? The first one, second, third, or maybe this one, the fourth?

You know - that "till death do you part" thing is not exclusive to Catholics. It applies to everyone. God didn't say when He wrote the Ten Commandments - "oh, but this only applies if you are Catholic". :rolleyes:

~Liza

[/quote]

I just wish everyone the best- that's all. It's none of my business.

[quote="Feanor2, post:17, topic:200978"]
It's none of my business.

[/quote]

Your choice, but the man is too famous or infamous, perhaps, and too influential for his marriage to be relegated to the Society pages of the paper. It is our business, IMO.

[quote="Monte_RCMS, post:16, topic:200978"]
Now that he is taken (again), Tipper must be devastated.

[/quote]

Where did that come from?
I can't stand Al & know nothing about Tipper but they managed to hold it together for 40 years.

That beats the hell out of Rush trading in wives for new ones like cars.

I think that stuff like this shows that Rush is clearly an entertainer and not a moral beacon in our society. He is no different than any of the other Hollywood types. It would be nice if we had conservative leaders who believed in the sanctity of marriage. It is pretty hypocritical to claim to be against gay marriage because it is not the way God intended and then to go out an make a mockery of marriage between a man and a woman.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.