Russel Crowe, better late than never

Russel finds religion

bigpond.com/news/entertainment/content/20071107/2083900.asp

I’m just wondering, is he going to be Catholic or Orthodox? By the feel of the article, it can be either of these two which he’ll be in.

“I needed to convince Danielle she didn’t have to travel to Rome to get married like she’d always dreamed of, because I saw all the paperwork involved. So I had to manage that disappointment,” he said.

He meets a woman who always dreamed of marrying in Rome, she meets a man who brings Rome to her.
Boy, talk about a wedding gift for a wife, huh?

After “Gladiator,” I became a huge Russell Crowe fan. I actually had a silly “school girl crush” on him, which is wildly inappropriate for a very happily married Catholic woman! So instead of “fantasizing” about him, I vowed to pray for him. I did so often before the Blessed Sacrament. Now I feel that my prayers have been answered! What an awesome God! Now if only Johnny Depp would jump on the bandwagon… I’ll keep praying! :slight_smile:

I knew Russel Crowe was religious even before this. He was on the show Inside the Actors Studio maybe a year or so ago, and the host asked him the question ‘if god is real, what would you want him to say to you when you get to the pearly gates’ or something like that. Before Russel answered he said very seriously ‘God is real’.
I’ve known many people who are Christians, but have never been baptised. I was one of them. I was Baptised this year back in march and I’m 22.

Well good for him. He is one of the best actors out there and I wish him all the best.

I think I’ll watch L.A. Confidential again tonight…

There is some discussion here
GetReligion.org
where we get these helpful cites from a poster:

From the San Diego Union-Tribune, 11 April 2003: “It was a lavish affair when Russell Crowe married Danielle Spencer at a domed chapel he had constructed on his Australian ranch. While Anglican Bishop Philip Huggins pronounced the couple husband and wife, an aboriginal shaman called Burnum Burnum was said to have performed a traditional fertility rite after the ceremony.”

The New York Daily News of 8 April 2003 adds: “Several gods were invoked to bless the union. While Anglican Bishop Philip Huggins pronounced the couple husband and wife, an Aboriginal shaman called Burnum Burnum was said to have performed a traditional fertility rite after the ceremony.”

God bless you! May our Loving God grant you many years of peace, health, and happiness.

Thank you!
I grew up a protostant, and actually thought I was baptised. My Priest did some research on the church I was christianed in and said that it was not a real baptism.
I was actually kind of happy that it wasn’t, because I really wanted to be baptised in the Catholic church.

Here is the chapel:

Isn’t this the guy who ditched his wife for some actress he was in a movie with?

I could find no evidence of this in a brief internet search.

That was Brad Pitt

I think you’re thinking of Meg Ryan. I believe her marriage broke up when she began an affair with Russell Crowe. But I could be wrong. I’m not sure of the details on this. At any rate, Russell is no saint, to be sure. But like the tax collector in the Gospel, he realizes he needs God exactly* because* he is a sinner. And the church is a hospital for sinners. I’m just not sure if it is the RCC or the Anglican church, or what? :shrug:

Thanks Judie - that is what I was thinking of.

I think that was Paul Hogan

I think that was Paul Hogan

I think thats probably a lot of actors in hollywood:rolleyes:

Jesus Mary and Joseph!
Is there someone who can confirm if he became a catholic or not!

Give some info now please!

An Anglican priest presided @ Crowes Byzantine style chapel. Not Catholic.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.