Russell Moore: Pope Francis for evangelicals?

Imagine for a moment a powerful, but fresh-faced, religious leader of a large conservative Christian body whose behavior and statements excite, infuriate, and confuse both conservatives and progressives by turns. You have just envisioned Pope Francis. You have also just imagined Russell Moore, president of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.

Thanks for posting this, its a very interesting article. I think more evangelicals and other Protestants see the Pope as a Christian leader (even if only one among many), especially as they struggle with extreme liberal and anti-Christian propaganda in society. We are all i the same boat against these things. There are certainly extreme Protestants who literally see Catholics as non-Christians and can be quite hateful. But I’d like to think they are a minority.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.