Russia and Crimea: A Converted Russia?

In 1917 at the apparitions of Fatima Portugal, the blessed Virgin told the three children she was appearing to that world war I was about to end. However she also warned of a second world war. She said:

"To save them [sinners who are on the road to hell], God wishes to establish in the world devotion to My Immaculate Heart. If what I say to you is done, many souls will be saved and there will be peace. The war is going to end; but if people do not cease offending God, a worse war will break out during the reign of Pius XI…To prevent this, I shall come to ask for the consecration of Russia to My Immaculate Heart, and the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays. If My requests are heeded, Russia will be converted and there will be peace; if not, she will spread her errors throughout the world, causing wars and persecutions against the Church. The good will be martyred, the Holy Father will have much to suffer, various nations will be annihilated.

I believe, with what we are seeing in Crimea, that there is a real possibility that the Fatima prophecy has yet to be fully realized. I say this for 3 reasons:

Reason #1:

After the 1984 consecreation was made, Sr. Lucia of Fatima said that the consecration was valid…Or did she?..Many here may have a hard time with this because of the source. The site I am about to refer to is by a Pope Pius X society, which is in schism with the Church. I do not support the Pius X society or hold to their views or beliefs. However it is also data itself. Much like the science community, you can look at the facts of something, without adapting to views that scientists hold to prove a point. The nose in particular points to the fact that this could be true: traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/g12htArt2_TwoSisterLucys.htm

Reason #2:

Garabandal. It has not yet approved by the Catholic church. Im currently writing a book on the apparitions of Garabandal. It should be released this year or at the beginning of 2015. The bishops have stated that while nothing at Garabandal goes against faith and morals, or the gospel, the supernatural nature of the said apparitions could not be confirmed. The estatic walks in the village, the rosaries that turned to gold, the healings of various pilgriams, grown men unable to lift the girls during their reported visions all pointed toward the preturnatural, or that which is above human nature. But still, it could not be approved (there are reasons behind this which I address in the book) But the reason for this point is that communism was mentioned at Garabandal. The visionaries spoke of a miracle in Spain that is said to be greater than that of Fatima, a global illumination of hearts (which multiple saints have also prophecied of), and a permanent visible sign left at the apparition site. When asked in 1965 when these events would occur the visionary said

“When communism newly comes again, everything will happen”
“What do you mean by newly comes again” (the interview was made in 1965 when RUSSIAN communism was alive and well)
“I do not know. The Blessed Virgin simply stated that when communism newly comes again, everything will happen.”

Reason #3:

In 1984, Pope John Paul made a consecration in Fatima. He made a specific reference to Russia in union with all the bishops of Rome. I realize it wasnt said by name, but there was absolutely clear reference to Russia in union with the bishops. However I have found a statement made by the eldest seer of Fatima, that many have overlooked. In 1938, Sister Lucia had received a document vision of the Lord in her convent. The Lord told her: ** ‘They did not wish to heed My request (to consecrate Russia in union with all the bishops). Like the King of France they will repent of it, and they will do it, but it will be late. Russia will have already spread its errors in the world, provoking wars and persecutions against the Church. The Holy Father will have much to suffer.In other words, what I gather from this is: It will be done, but it will not prevent the war and persecution referenced in the Blessed Virgin’s 1917 prophecy.

This brings me to a last point. Our Lady of Fatima did not end Her prophecy speaking about doom and gloom. She promised that in the end, her immaculate heart would triumph, the holy father would consecrate Russia (a statement which seems to lean toward the country not being consecrated as “Sister Lucia” stated during the 1980s), and an era of peace being granted to the world. Have we seen an era of peace?

“In that day the Branch of the Lord will be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the land will be the pride and glory of the survivors in Israel. 3 Those who are left in Zion, who remain in Jerusalem, will be called holy, all who are recorded among the living in Jerusalem. 4 The Lord will wash away the filth of the women of Zion; he will cleanse the bloodstains from Jerusalem by a spirit[a] of judgment and a spirit** of fire. 5 Then the Lord will create over all of Mount Zion and over those who assemble there a cloud of smoke by day and a glow of flaming fire by night; over everything the glory[c] will be a canopy. 6 It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain.”

This statement was written well after Solomon dedicated the temple…We have to this very moment not witnessed this. This is something I also address in my book on Garabandal. It will be out soon.

But thoughts on Russia and Fatima though with what is happening in the news?****

How can you spend your time on an unapproved apparition, Garabandal, when Our Lady of the Rosary’s Vatican-approved appearances at Fatima, Portugal in 1917 and following have NAILED IT?!?

RUSSIA! Our Lady wants to enclose Russia in her Immaculate Heart and spare the world Russia’s heinous affronts to life. Many consecrations have been done; and thus may we lobby for more consecrations of Russia to her Immaculate Heart, hopefully as requested: Peter, leading all bishops at one solemn, public time in their respective cathedrals; consecrating Russia to Mary’s Immaculate Heart for the conversion of that nation; and as the “only” means to a period of peace. Please, God, may we hear and obey. Each person is called to, “Pray the daily Rosary for peace.” Free Rosary CD’s and downloads are available at: catholicity/cds/rosary.html

Hello thanks for your question. The book actually focuses on multiple marian apparitions. Garabandal is neither approved nor condemed. It holds the middle ground. At the time the bishops were opposed to it because one of our ladys main reported messages was that many priest and bishops were on the road to perdition and taking souls with them. During the 1960s this was not heard of. In addition the blessed virgin had promised a miracle in Spain greater than that of Fatima…this miracle has yet to occur. The church is still waiting for it, but according to my research the events of Garabandal are prophecied to begin during the reign of pope francis. I believe this miracle will happen in 2016 or 2017, and that next year 2015 the west will see this communist crisis fully manifest. Thats my own personal thought though. In either case the events are prophecied to begin during this popes reign. The book will focus on multiple marian apparitions in light of Garabandal.

Coming back to this post. Something else came to mind the other day. I realize that the second reason a bit perplexing. The point in giving it was to state: If sister Lucia said Russia was not consecrated in the 1980s, and then very shortly thereafter changed her mind and said it was, could it be that “she” never actually said either of these things in the first place?..Could it be that she had already passed away.

The group referenced in the link of the original post basically uses this information to prove that Pope John Paul II (and any other pope after Pius X) is invalid and is intentionally covering up the truth of this matter. I don’t think John Paul II would have had much contact with Sr. Lucia, impostor or not. There was correspondence from her convent, but often times, religious sisters were behind curtains, or far enough back from visitors to not be made out in facial appearance…that and I don’t think any of the popes would have been doing an up close facial examination of her. Why would they have any reason to assume otherwise? The suggestions that this group makes regarding the popes are preposterous. Whats not is the data, both body language seen in the video as well as the forensic evidence. It seems very clear that someone impostured as Sr. Lucia from the photos referenced in the original post This video also speaks about this…Again, take what you can from data, and leave the rest in the garbage can because their assertions are bunk and used to support PPX society and their objection to the papacy after Vatican II. But take a look at the data itself (around 10 minutes in onward): youtube.com/watch?v=NejyR2Ky084

If the information is real, than its a shame that this group found it, instead of sound catholics. I don’t mean to slam our PPX society breathern. But the assertions made about the popes in the video are preposterous. And I am not one for superstition, but the notion mentioned in the video of communists are priest or that she was instated by communists, is entirely possible. There is historical evidence for this:

freerepublic.com/focus/religion/804825/posts

Even the visionaries of Garabandal spoke of priests who are communists
garabandal.com/the-prophecies/prophecy-about-communism

Ya, I watched the entire video. I encourage anyone who watches the video to please be careful what it said regarding cardinal Sodano or the popes. If its true, than the only logical conclusion based on the lives that these men lead is that they themselves are misinformed on whats being presented to them. This group is simply using it to support their own claims. Its worth watching from ~10-11 minutes onward to at least be able to compare the forensic and body language on film…and also even the handwriting between what really does appear to be two separate religious sisters.

Article on the death of Joey Lomangino:

garabandal.weebly.com/#/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.