Russia dismantles Steve Jobs memorial in reaction to Apple CEO coming out as gay

A bit OTT, particularly in relation to the organisation that carried it out - ZEFS.

As Apple’s CEO recently told the world he was proud to be gay and thanked God for it as one of his greatest gifts - I can only suppose that tarnishes the Apple brand, in the eyes of ZEFS.

*Timothy D. Cook, Apple’s chief executive, likes to tell people that his predecessor, Steven P. Jobs, urged him to be himself when he took over the company. *

irishtimes.com/news/world/russia-dismantles-steve-jobs-memorial-in-reaction-to-apple-ceo-coming-out-as-gay-1.1986181

*A memorial to Apple founder Steve Jobs has been dismantled in the Russian city of St. Petersburg after the man who succeeded him at the helm of the company, Tim Cook, came out as gay.

ZEFS - or West European Financial Union - groups companies offering a range of products and services in areas such as real estate, construction, advertising and microfinancing.

“In Russia, gay propaganda and other sexual perversions among minors are prohibited by law,” ZEFS said, noting that the memorial had been “in an area of direct access for young students and scholars”.

“After Apple CEO Tim Cook publicly called for sodomy, the monument was taken down to abide to the Russian federal law protecting children from information promoting denial of traditional family values.”

Maxim Dolgopolov, the head of ZEFS who ordered the removal of the monument, expressed opposition to personal sanctions in Monday’s statement, but supported the “protection of traditional values” by law.

“Sin should not become the norm. There is nothing to do in Russia for whose who intend to violate our laws,” he said.

Just found this, and it seems it may have been a hoax! The university had received a letter before Cook’s speech, to ask permission for its’ removal so as to be repaired.

rt.com/news/201855-steve-jobs-memorial-gay/

Removal of Steve Jobs memorial due to ‘gay propaganda’ law turns out to be PR hoax

Well, there’s a lot of misinformation out there. :shrug:

Too true. The major MSM sources all ran with the it, needless to say.

Still, there has been a reaction in Russia in regards to this Cook fellow:

One legislator, Vitaly Milonov, suggested that Cook be banned from the country in order to forestall the arrival of “Ebola Virus, AIDS, gonorrhea.”

uk.news.yahoo.com/why-russia-really-tore-down-steve-jobs-memorial-234103654–politics.html#Id9k7Nk

I wouldn’t necessarily criticize the Mainstream Media here unless they are the ones that actually conjured this story up which it does NOT appear.

I would agree, however the MSM were quick to jump on board with it whatever the source.

The fact remains though that Russia actually put up a memorial for Steve Jobs and his work, in the first place.

Dear Russia:

What does the gayness of the current ceo of Apple have to do with Steve Jobs ingenuity, (or whatever you’d build a statue of Steve Jobs for). Unless the statue was built due to Steve Jobs heterosexuality, (an odd reason to build a statue), in which case…no…that doesn’t work either. The statue is still not a statue of the current ceo of Apple, so…I’m not following the logic.

Read Pepipops follow up points - the story is largely a hoax, like the best hoaxes it is built in part on truth. The statue was already due to be cleaned, of course since it involves Russia and Vitaly Milonov who made the absurd comments referenced presented an opportunity the media could not resist the opportunity to show us once again how wicked the Russkies are.

lol. That’s kind of what I figured.

Thanks

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.