Russia Forces US Submarine Out Of Boundary Waters

“This is far from being a single incident of finding foreign submarines in the Barents Sea lately. Similar behavior of NATO countries’ submarines in the Barents Sea has caused dangerous navigational incidents many times,” the source said.en.ria.ru/russia/20140809/191869986/Russia-Forces-US-Submarine-Out-of-Boundary-Waters.html

This sort of stuff happens all the time. You wouldn’t know what Russian, British or Chinese submarines might be doing in your national waters.

The link below indicates what one of our submarines was doing off Vietnam circa 1986.

theaustralian.com.au/news/features/cold-war-exploits-of-australias-secret-submarines/story-e6frg6z6-1226742599268?nk=9615bb0fe282550daf032f6287b353fa

Russian strategic nuclear bombers conducted at least 16 incursions into northwestern U.S. air defense identification zones over the past 10 days, an unusually sharp increase in aerial penetrations, according to U.S. defense officials.

The numerous flight encounters by Tu-95 Russian Bear H bombers prompted the scrambling of U.S. jet fighters on several occasions, and come amid heightened U.S.-Russia tensions over Ukraine. Also, during one bomber incursion near Alaska, a Russian intelligence-gathering jet was detected along with the bombers.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CB8QqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.adn.com%2Farticle%2F20140807%2Fnorad-rumor-russian-bombers-alaska-airspace-isnt-quite-what-it-seems&ei=Z0jnU7O5E4re8gG7s4GACQ&usg=AFQjCNH8DotBtaF9X92ee8RPJ86e-FsTxg

What I find irritating about these accusations by nations about other nations is their sheer hypocrisy. It’s not so much the fact they intrude into each other’s national territory - intelligence gathering is a basic function of the military - I can accept that. But it’s the way they complain loudly about the other bloke while doing the very same thing themselves.

It reminds me of Christ’s injunction about the log in one’s eye, except this time it applies to nations.

Matthew 7:4-5

Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.

You know that is what subs do- right? They constantly enter other nation’s territory- at least nations with sophisticated-enough subs to do so.

It’s totally what they do.

My brother was on a sub for 15 years, both before and after the Cold War.

Exactly!! I find it so funny, the US gets so worked up when another country violates us in some way, but then the US goes and does the exact same thing to other nations!! spying and hacking come to mind first, Im sure there is ALOT more computer hacking that takes place than we are told about, also sure many people have probably seen things they should not have in the US Govts system, but since they are overseas, nothing can be done, except complain about it publicly! LOL

Banks and financial institutions are the same too, they complain and want to sue and prosecute anyone who hacks into their systems for money or info, but Im sure they are going to great lengths trying to figure out different ways to separate people from their money, thru various schemes and scams!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.