Russia moves nuclear-capable missiles into Kaliningrad

Russia has moved nuclear-capable Iskander-M missiles into the Kaliningrad enclave bordering Poland and Lithuania, the Defence Ministry said on Saturday, adding it was part of routine drills.

“The deployment not only increases tensions in the region, but also possibly violates international treaties which limit deployment of ballistic missiles of range of over 500 kilometers,” Foreign Minister (of Lithuania) Linas Linkevicius told a news briefing in Vilnius . . .

Some modifications of the Iskander can hit targets 700 km (450 miles) away, putting the German capital Berlin in range of Kaliningrad, Linkevicius said.

reuters.com/article/us-russia-usa-missiles-confirm-idUSKCN1280IV

Opening moves.

Some things I will never understand,when you destroy the planet ,

Who Wins ??

NATO had military exercises in Moldova. And there were huge demonstrations against NATO when they marched into Moldova. NATO held military exercises in Estonia, not far from the border with Russia.

It probably means nothing.

Wake up people this is the 1938 over again, but now nuclear weapon are in the picture.
Exciting and terrifying times ahead.

Ah yes, the comparisons to the Third Reich again. If you are not making such a comparison could you let us know what else you are thinking of when you talk of 1938? The debut of Superman, the first showing of Snow White?

Like a dog with a bone aren’t you?
Tensions are like in the late thirties is what I tried to imply…

Please bear in mind personal remarks of this kind are forbidden on the forum. In what respect and compared to what are tensions akin to those of the late 30’s? Obviously the comparison involves taking either one state or a collection of states as a paradigm when submitting it for consideration.

I am neither a dog, nor I am chewing a bone. Let’s leave ad hominem style attacks out of our posting.

Lol, it’s a well known expression :hmmm:
If you continue to consider me to be anti russian then let me just tell you that you couldn’t be more wrong.
I’m rather apolitical, but forced to take sides I would prefer Putin over Merkel any day.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.