Russia taunts US with biggest military offensive since the Cold War

Russia has begun its biggest surface deployment since the end of the Cold War as it aims to effectively end the war in Syria on the eve of the US election, Nato officials warned last night.

The Kremlin is sending the full might of its Northern Fleet and part of the Baltic Fleet to reinforce a final assault on the city of Aleppo in a fortnight, according to Western intelligence.

The final bombardment is designed to shore up the Assad regime by wiping out rebels – paving the way for a Russian exit from the civil war.

telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/19/russia-taunts-us-with-biggest-military-offensive-since-the-cold/

Fail to see how Russia kicking ISIL’s butt is them taunting the US :confused:

Ultimately, to obtain true lasting peace, we would need to turn to God as a people and pray. Other than that, everything will only be bandaids, quick short-term fixes. God is the only one who can bring us peace. Until we realize this, we will be in one war after the other.

I think of this, but my faith is faltering. I worry that praying won’t work, and that the fiends running the world will escalate this into a war that ends in nuclear armageddon. :crying:

And for what? Hillary has said she will create a no-fly zone in Syria, which means we will shoot down Russian fighters, which leads to WW3. There’s no way around it.

I do not see a future in anything. All I see is doom.

The anti-Assad rebels in Aleppo aren’t ISIL. Whole different set of issues.

Most of the rebels fighting Assad are Islamists to varying degrees, or allied with them. The Free Syrian Army has been guilty of attacks on Christians.

Even so, the massive and indiscriminate slaughter of civilians by Russia is not justified.

They fight differently than we do. The US gets called on the carpet if one missile strikes civilians my mistake: the Russians and Syrians use the WWII model: civilians are targets.

Yes! :slight_smile:

On the plus side if we get blown up before Election Day we won’t have to live through that nightmare and its aftermath! :wink: Six of one half dozen of the other. :o

:console: I’m not going to lie, it could happen. But we’ve avoided it this long through prayer. If it should happen, God will come and take us His faithful and we WILL live happily ever after. PROMISE! :slight_smile: :hug1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.