Russian Opposition leader sues Vladimir Putin over 'corruption' [AFP]

Russian Opposition leader sues Vladimir Putin over 'corruption’

Moscow (AFP) - Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny announced he had filed a lawsuit against President Vladimir Putin on Thursday over alleged graft, accusing him of ordering huge loans to a firm owned by his son-in-law.

“I sued Putin over Putin’s son-in-law and I am sure that I will win,” Navalny wrote on his blog, accusing the Russian leader of violating anti-corruption legislation to benefit Kirill Shamalov, who recently married the Russian leader’s daughter Katerina.

Citing public records and statements, Navalny said that Shamalov came to own a stake in petrochemical company Sibur shortly before Putin allegedly ordered that it be provided with $1.75 billion in cheap financing from Russia’s national welfare fund.

economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/international/world-news/russian-opposition-leader-sues-vladimir-putin-over-corruption/articleshow/50952626.cms

Must be the Western MSM! :rolleyes:

I pray for the well-being of Navalny.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.