Ruth Bader Ginsburg Thinks Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Is ‘Dumb’

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg takes a dim view of the way San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick and other pro athletes are protesting before games by refusing to stand for the national anthem.

“I think it’s really dumb,” Ginsburg said during a sit-down interview with Yahoo’s Katie Couric on Monday. “Would I arrest them for doing it? No. It’s dumb and disrespectful.”

Ginsburg added that she has the same reaction to flag burning: “If they want to be stupid, there’s no law that should be preventive. If they want to be arrogant, there’s no law that prevents that. What I would do is strongly take issue with the point of view that they are expressing when they do that.”
huffingtonpost.com/entry/ruth-bader-ginsburg-colin-kaepernick_us_57fbb68de4b068ecb5e0613f

Perhaps the first time I’ve agreed with her.

:thumbsup:

Makes me think I should re-evaluate my criticism of Kaepernick. :hmmm:

Same here, and probably the last time. :wink:

And now her liberal friends at Slate are turning on her.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Was Never Really “Notorious RBG”

Infamous works

Jon

It’s amazing how quickly the “party of tolerance” will turn on you if you disagree with any single aspect of their totalitarianism.

As for the judge, I agree with everyone else in that this is the first time I have ever agreed with her, and will probably be the last.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.