Sabotaged for 3 years.. need prayers

3 years ago I believed that my boss was like a surrogate mother to me. I really did. I knew that she was not so nice with others, but she always made such a compelling case for why she was working against those “other people” in our very large and complicated organization that I never questioned her integrity or motives. She never criticized me. She told me things like, “you are the smartest person I have ever worked with.”

3 years ago I bid on an internal promotion in another department and my boss got into a complicated fight with the hiring manager (who told me she wanted me to work for her) and long story short prevented me from moving and getting the promotion. She then stopped assigning me work and began lying about me. 1 year ago I went over her head and was temporarily moved, but even though this new dept. wants me there permanently, she is preventing it (while smiling to my face and treating me like her best friend).

It’s so horrible. You have to have been in a very large organization where these types of games go on to understand how sickening and frightening it is to have your life played with by other people for nothing except their own amusement. My family depends totally on this job and my benefits.

I have done absolutely everything I can to adjust and get out of this situation except file a formal complaint, and I am too afraid to do that. I think my old boss knows I am afraid to and that’s why she’s so comfortable deliberately manipulating the system to sabotage my career… Thank you for the prayers.

Dearest Jesus, You taught us to love one another. Charity is Your divine virtue. Please apply graces to Angel and her boss, that charity abound, and that Your light is shined. Please remedy this situation justly so that Angel might take care of family. Be merciful, and see that this is solved peacefully and with love. Mary, pray with us. Amen. :harp:

Angels of God please surround and protect this person from evil and danger, and for the jealousy and machinations of others. Intercede and work for the restoration and welfare of the reputation, career and life of this God’s loved child

Thank you for the prayers. This is something I have prayed about for almost two years. I have prayed the Divine Mercy Chaplet specifically for my enemies. I have lit candles at church on my lunch break. There has been some improvement in my situation, but not a complete end to the ordeal I have been through.

The problem is that it has gone on for so long and there is so much dishonesty and deceit and misuse of power in my workplace. It has caused so much stress and loss of sleep.

I know this may seem like a minor concern compared to others, but it is much greater than I can really explain here.

Praying for you…

It is difficult struggling with feelings of betrayal and hurt. It takes a long time to get over these and a lot of prayers are needed to be able to forgive and to stop hurting. I pray that your situation will soon be resolved. God bless you

Prayers promised. :gopray2:

Saint Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Praying the Rosary for you.

Angels Unaware, you’ll be in my prayers , too . I’m about to pray Divine Mercy chaplet and I’ll mention your prayer intention .
May Lord grant a good solution to all your problems you’re dealing with and help you keep the job .
God bless you and your family !

Our Father…Glory Be…Amen

Where does God want you to direct your steps?

Praying for you from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Psalm 42 (43)

Vindicate me, Lord:
judge my case against an unholy nation,
rescue me from betrayers, from the wicked.
For you are the God of my refuge;
why have you rejected me?
why must I suffer while my enemies torment me?

Send forth your light and your truth;
let them lead me away,
let them lead me up your holy mountain,
up to your sanctuary.
I shall go in to the altar of God,
to the God of my gladness and joy.
I will sing out to you on the lyre,
O God, my God.

Why are you so sad, my soul,
and anxious within me?
Put your hope in the Lord, I will praise him still,
my saviour and my God.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end.
Amen.

That sounds awful! I can’t fully imagine what it must be like, but I’ll be praying for both you and the people responsible for all of this.

Maybe you should file a formal complaint as you suggested? It would be frightening, but if its the only thing thats going to resolve things for the best, whatever might happen from it, its got to be better than whats happening now. People often manipulate others for the sole reason of knowing they’ll be able to get away with it.

Whatever you decide though, don’t beat yourself up over it. :slight_smile: You’re doing the best you can in a difficult situation, just leave the rest to the Lord. He won’t let you down.

I feel guilty to continue to ask for prayers when others are suffering so much more, but I felt the need today to renew this thread and continue to ask for prayers for my career/workplace.

Today was quite a bad day. I actually started to cry at work. I have not done that in about six years. It’s a terrible feeling, but I was terribly hurt today by something that happened, and on top of the constant stress that I have been under in my ambivalent position, I just started crying.

Angels Unaware:

There is no reason to fell guilty - We’re all overwhelmed sometimes. And, You’ve got a situation where your family is relying on the income and the benefits (health insurance, etc.) this job gives you.

I was a situation that was as bad as your’s and I’ve dealt with a supervisor who was at least as bad as yours - I could go into detail, but I don’t think that’s what you’re asking for. All I’ll say is that, by the time the ordeal was over, the first person who showed me he cared was able to bring me back to the Lord.

So, Please understand, you’re not alone, and your manager isn’t the only one who’s clueless.

Talk to someone over at human resources, and see what he or she says to do. At the same time, see if there’s any way you can have a “heart-to-heart” with this manager who’s been given you so many problems. Do this off site so others employees can’t listen in.

Let us know what happens.

I hope this helps.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

You have been very courageous.
Please don’t feel guilty for asking for prayers for yourself…and don’t feel you need to compare your needs with others. It’s like saying, this cup isn’t as full as this jug. If they’re both filled to the top, both are quite full. That is how it is with anyone’s burdens. For each it can be as much as they can handle.
You’ve handled a lot, and I ask our good Jesus to comfort and lift you up…and help in any way He can.
God bless you, Love.

Take care of yourself…Trishie :coffee: :coffee:

I’m so sad for you. I’ll keep you in my prayers. Pray the St. Michael’s prayer often especially before going in to work.
I found that it helped me when I worked in a similar situation.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

I have this posted in a private corner of my cubicle!

Thank you so much to everyone for your prayers. They truly do give me the strength I need everyday.

Praying very hard for your intention!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.