Sacrament of the Eucharist

I’m wondering. According to CCC, the sacrament of Holy Communion is described within the context of the Mass. I’m wondering about matter and form outside of Mass. Like for a hospital visitor receiving Holy Communion.
Are we dealing with the God outside time reality?. No wait, sacraments are only for time. No sacraments at the end of time. So are these out of Mass communions sacraments…technically?
Of course, no matter the name, I hope Communion will be available when I’m sick.

The bread and wine are consecrated in the Mass and reserved in case of need. The Holy Eucharist, a sacrament, can be received apart form the Mass as viaticum or in a communion service. From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:1330 The *memorial *of the Lord’s Passion and Resurrection.

The Holy Sacrifice, because it makes present the one sacrifice of Christ the Savior and includes the Church’s offering. The terms holy sacrifice of the Mass, “sacrifice of praise,” spiritual sacrifice, pure and holy sacrifice are also used,150 since it completes and surpasses all the sacrifices of the Old Covenant.

The Holy and Divine Liturgy, because the Church’s whole liturgy finds its center and most intense expression in the celebration of this sacrament; in the same sense we also call its celebration the Sacred Mysteries. We speak of the Most Blessed Sacrament because it is the Sacrament of sacraments. The Eucharistic species reserved in the tabernacle are designated by this same name.

Yes, thank you. I’m sorry I was not clearer. Is there/what are the matter and form of the sacrament of communion? How does this happen outside of the mass?

Form and Matter of confection of the Holy Eucharist do not happen outside of the Mass (Divine Liturgy), but the sacrament is received upon worthy reception whenever and wherever, and that is when the effect is achieved.

Form:“This My Body which will be given up for you. Do this in memory of Me … Take this, all of you, and drink from it: this is the cup of my Blood, the Blood of the New and Everlasting Covenant. It will be shed for you and for all so that sins may be forgiven. Do this in memory of me.” (CCC 1412; 1 Cor 11:24-25)
Matter:Bread and Wine (CCC 1333)
Effect:Intimate union with Christ (CCC 1391); Receiving Christ; nourish spiritual life; medicine of immortality, separating us from sin, removal of venial sin, spiritual strength, unites the Body into One (CCC 1391-1401)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.