sacramental marriage

Please explain in all sincerity the following…if a man and woman are married in a sacramental marriage and,as the Church doesn’t recognize divorce,there is no such thing in the Catholic Church,and the man,the husband leaves and begins a relationship with another woman and supposing he has obtained a civil marriage from his wife and,once again either enters into a supposed civil marriage with another woman,is he still not according to the Church married to wife no 1,and wouldn’t the relationship with the other woman be considered adultery,and as such,my question,if I understand correctly,and pls enlighten me if I’ve misunderstood,did not the Holy Fathers decision regarding individuals in this situation be examined individually and local pastors decide each situation the individual couples situation and. Decide if they should be permitted to receive Holy Communion,what criteria would this Priest of Bishop use to discern whether regardless of the LOVE factor,they should be allowed to receive Communion,are they not still adulterous regardless of going to reconcilation,they would be still living in an adulterous relationship,tks

History of Tribunals:
catholiccincinnati.org/ministries-offices/tribunal/history-of-tribunal/

Marriage, Divorce and Annulments in the Catholic Church
catholicbridge.com/catholic/marriage_divorce_annulments.php

Yeah, in that situation the man would be considered married to wife no. 1. His relationship with the other woman would be considered adulterous. Now, if the man had his first marriage annulled, it would be possible for him to have his second marriage made “official”. But unless the church declares his marriage null, then he’s living in a condition of objective mortal sin.

There is a big problem in the church at the moment with this and I think that this is what Pope Francis is trying to deal with. How to bring divorced and remarried Catholics back into the church.

The way I see it though, the Church can’t really allow these couples to receive as it would be conceding that it was not a sin for them to leave their marriage and begin a relationship with another person.

You mean a “civil divorce from his wife”, right?

and wouldn’t the relationship with the other woman be considered adultery

Yes.

,and as such,my question,if I understand correctly,and pls enlighten me if I’ve misunderstood,did not the Holy Fathers decision regarding individuals in this situation be examined individually and local pastors decide each situation the individual couples situation and. Decide if they should be permitted to receive Holy Communion

In the apostolic exhortation, Pope Francis speaks of two distinct issues: first, he speaks of the “divorced and civilly remarried [who] need to be more fully integrated into Christian communities in the variety of ways possible.” In this context, he does not state that readmission to the sacraments is one of these ‘ways’ of fuller integration. Secondly, he speaks of mercy and discernment of culpability (i.e., he speaks of considerations of mortal sin). In this context, one might presume that he’s talking about ways through which civilly remarried couples might be readmitted to the sacraments (for example, through the pastoral solution of ‘living as brother and sister’, but “avoiding any occasion of scandal”). In this context, he’s talking about considerations that might be applied to a general question… but still, he doesn’t speak about readmission to the sacraments explicitly. So, in neither case do we see an explicit discussion of whether they “should be allowed to receive Communion”, as you put it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.