sacraments

the 3 sacraments of initiation are baptism, confirmation, and eucharist. what imprint does the eucharist leave? why is the eucharest repeting while the other 2 are once only? and what are the graces given with each sacrament? what is indulgences? who can get indulgences? how are they gotten?

Thats a lot of questions in one thread, for best results you might want to separate them.
I am fairly new myself and am still drying off from my swim across the tiber so i cant offer much help, but i do know that the Eucharist is the only one instituted by Christ where he says do this in memory of me. He doesnt say that after his baptism so i figure thats one reason why there is only one baptism professed. But i am sure there are smarter people than me that can answer this for you.
Peace

Baptism and Confirmation “leave an indelible mark on the soul” - they change the soul in an irreversible way and so are not repeatable. Once the change happens, you can’t change back. The big word is ontological change - the very nature of the being is changed.

The other sacrament that imparts an ontological change is Holy Orders. It is “repeated” as there are 3 degrees of orders - deacon, priest, bishop. I put quotes around “repeated” because the sacrament is the same, but the prayers and intention are different each time a person is advanced through the degrees. It is not repeated in the sense that a person can not be ordained a deacon, priest, or bishop multiple times.

Reception of the Eucharist does not have the same effect, and so can and is repeated.

Baptism is your entry into the New Covenant. Covenants create family bonds. Through baptism you become an adopted child of God. You only need to be adopted once.

Confirmation your personal participation in the events of Pentecost. Before Pentecost the disciples were locked in an upper room out of fear. After Pentecost they spoke out boldly, not even afraid to die. This is what happens at confirmation and it need only happen once.

The Eucharist is literally food. We don’t eat just once in our life. We have to eat repeatedly or we die.

-Tim-

Catechism
1471 The doctrine and practice of indulgences in the Church are closely linked to the effects of the sacrament of Penance.

What is an indulgence?

"An indulgence is a remission before God of the temporal punishment due to sins whose guilt has already been forgiven, which the faithful Christian who is duly disposed gains under certain prescribed conditions through the action of the Church which, as the minister of redemption, dispenses and applies with authority the treasury of the satisfactions of Christ and the saints."81

"An indulgence is partial or plenary according as it removes either part or all of the temporal punishment due to sin."82 The faithful can gain indulgences for themselves or apply them to the dead.83

Some details on indulgences.
forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?p=6895711#post6895711

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.