Sacred Heart Devotion

I want to start First Friday devotions to the Sacred Heart of Jesus in my parish. I would like comments on what other parishes do for their First Friday devotions.

My family kept a watch all night at our home altar with the Sacred Heart enshrined, each person taking an hour throughout the night. I’ve never participated in public devotions to the Sacred Heart and would like some ideas.

On First Fridays my parish has exposition of the Blessed Sacrament starting after 8:30 Mass and ending at 4:00 PM. There is a book in the back of the church to sign up for this. I believe that if such an arrangement was presented to one’s pastor to do something like this, it would have had to be planned and prepared beforehand that people would be willing to sign up for 1/2 hour time slots of adoration during the day. At least two per half hour.

Eucharistic procession
Benediction
Holy Hour of Reparation

Just some ideas :slight_smile:

My dear friend

We have mass 7-30pm followed by exposition overnight and benediction with confession before mass at 6am the next day. Usually the devotion covers the first fri and first sat.

It’s run by the alliance of two hearts I’m sure.

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

John

Thanks for the ideas. I still have to approach my pastor about it, but it’s good to know how others do it.:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.