Sacred Heart of Jesus Devotion

Sacred Heart Devotions
‘Your name will be written in this Sacred Heart in indelible characters.’

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

The Twelve Promises of the Sacred Heart**

These promises were given to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque by Our Lord Jesus Christ for the sake of our souls. They are for those who devote themselves to the Sacred Heart of Jesus Christ. More can be read about this devotion and these promises in the book, 'The Autobiography of St. Margaret Mary Alacoque' which she wrote under obedience.

1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.

2. I will establish peace in their families.

3. I will console them in all their difficulties.

4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.

5. I will pour out abundant benedictions on all their undertakings.

6. Sinners shall find in My Heart an infinite ocean of mercy.

7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.

8. Fervent souls shall advance rapidly to great perfection.

9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.

10. I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.

11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names inscribed in My Heart, and they shall never be effaced from It.

12. I promise thee in the excess of the mercy of My Heart, that Its all-powerful love will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of every month, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance, and that they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving the Sacraments, and that My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.

'The Heart of Jesus, contains the treasures of grace, and it is the Savior's Will to pour them forth on men through the medium of devotion to this Sacred Heart.'

St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Books to aid the devotion (click here)

St Margaret Mary Alacoque is an incorrupt saint

The easiest way to have a devotion to the sacred heart of Jesus is to pray the Novena to the Sacred heart of Jesus daily.

Padre Pio recited this novena every day for all those who requested his prayers.

Efficacious Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

I. O my Jesus, you have said: “Truly I say to you, ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.” Behold I knock, I seek and ask for the grace of… (here name your request)
Our Father…Hail Mary…Glory Be to the Father…Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

II. O my Jesus, you have said: “Truly I say to you, if you ask anything of the Father in my name, he will give it to you.” Behold, in your name, I ask the Father for the grace of…(here name your request) Our Father…Hail Mary…Glory Be To the Father…Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

III. O my Jesus, you have said: “Truly I say to you, heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not pass away.” Encouraged by your infallible words I now ask for the grace of…(here name your request) Our Father…Hail Mary…Glory Be to the Father…Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you.

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, for whom it is impossible not to have compassion on the afflicted, have pity on us miserable sinners and grant us the grace which we ask of you, through the Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, your tender Mother and ours.
Say the Hail, Holy Queen and add: St. Joseph, foster father of Jesus, pray for us.
– St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

:):slight_smile:

Thank you for posting this

You’re welcome.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.