Sad for daughter - miscarriage

I just had a call from my older daughter on the West Coast. She and her husband had found out they were expecting about two weeks ago, but hadn’t yet told anyone. She started bleeding and cramping badly Sunday night, and saw the doctor today. They had hoped to have happy news when we all got together in January, and they are so disappointed.

I know what she’s going through, as it happened to me three times, at 6 weeks each time. Her sister has already had laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, so she had been holding her breath, afraid something would go wrong.

She is seeing an NFP-only, Napro technology physician in whom she has confidence. She had an ultrasound today, will go back tomorrow to have hormone levels checked, and sees the doctor again next week to see what the course of action will be.

I know all too well how common an event this is, but it doesn’t make it any easier when it’s your daughter who is going through it.

Thanks for listening.

*Oh no, dixie. I’m sorry to hear that. :frowning: I’ll keep her and her husband (and you and your husband as I know this is painful for you to go through too) in my prayers. *

I’m so sorry… :frowning:
She and her family will be in my prayers…

I am so sorry.

The parish I’m a part of prays the rosary every Tuesday night. I will dedicate tonight’s rosary to your daughter.

Pax Christi.

Thanks so much; you are all so kind.

I hate that I can’t be there to give her a hug, but I know her sweet husband is taking good care of her, and her cousin, my sweet niece, arrives tomorrow from Massachusetts for a visit. I’m so relieved that she has a good pro-life physician to care for her.

I’m so sorry for you and your daughter and her husband. :frowning: :hug1: I had a miscarriage too a few years ago.

Like you said, her DH and her cousin are there and she has a good doctor to help too. I’m sure she knows you wish you were there with her, and I’m sure she can feel Jesus’ loving embrace in the place of yours for now. God bless. :crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.