Sad for protestants

All protestants can cling to is their own version of the bible, a single fellowship( for most )
non liturgical services, and a promise of salvation, from their version of the bible, and faith in promises from their version. They don’t have a huge family of believers ( who believe all the same things )saints, Mary, The church fathers(incl. many women ) writings or even the original bible. I am not condemning anyone, that is not my place,. I am just sad for the people who willingly, or out of ignorance, deny themselves all these blessings.

As a Baptist (protestant) I have been blessed many times by the Lord so do not be sad for me

If I decided to eat bread only and drink only water, I am sure I would survive for years. But I would suffer from nutritional deficiencies aplenty. Also my diet would be extremely boring after the first 2 weeks or so. Protestants may be happy with spiritual bread and water, but I am not. Furthermore, they claim not only is anything other than bread and water unnecessary and evil, but also anyone who eats or drinks anything else ( spiritually speaking ) is evil, or lost even if bread and water form the center or base of their diet.

If you have been blessed by God, Praise God.

All protestants can cling to is their own version of the bible, a single fellowship( for most )
non liturgical services, and a promise of salvation, from their version of the bible, and faith in promises from their version. They don’t have a huge family of believers ( who believe all the same things )saints, Mary, The church fathers(incl. many women ) writings or even the original bible. I am not condemning anyone, that is not my place,. I am just sad for the people who willingly, or out of ignorance, deny themselves all these blessings.

I feel the same way my friend. I look at my life, and how lucky I am to be Catholic, to have the whole Church, the Traditions and Liturgy, Sacraments and our Holy Father to guide us! My greatest wish is for all protestants to return home. :slight_smile:

I am not condemning anyone, that is not my place,. I am just sad for the people who willingly, or out of ignorance, deny themselves all these blessings.

Neither am I condemning anyone. It is definitely not our place.

God Bless!

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a Fount of Mercy for us, I Trust In You! :highprayer:

Jacob :signofcross:

What? Did you just say that all Protestants think that anyone who does not drink anything other than bread and water is evil?

Im not sure if you are being ignorant, you really heard that somewhere, or what. I’m glad you enjoy Catholicism, I do to. But you just confused the heck out of me.

No I cling to GOD and my savior Jesus Christ. I find edification in scripture. I feel sorry for Catholics like you that just don’t get it. Jesus exists outside the RCC and is working miracles everyday. So please don’t feel sad for me as I don’t need your worthless pity. My life has been very blessed by the Lord.

Yes, that misconception/generalization about Protestants completely confused me as well. The experience of growing up Protestant was far, far different from this. We weren’t into labelling this or that as evil if it wasn’t spiritual bread and drink.

There is a bit more diversity in belief among Protestants, as some denominations are closer to Catholicisim than others (like mine, where there were many fewer teachings than Catholicism has). Their churches are as blessed as ours with loving, and perhaps even more close-knit family of believers. There’s no single fellowship there…

I do feel very blessed for having come to the Catholic Church, but I was also very blessed in my Protestant upbringing.

These sorts of threads sadden my heart. May we all find the blessings, peace, joy, and love of Christ in our lives!

I used to be a Protestant…I enjoyed that time and got to know God better (before that, I was agnostic) but seriously nothing compares to the Eucharist.

Protestantism makes much more sense than Catholicism.

If this Christian God does exist, I just cannot fathom this God, insisting upon a rule based, patriarchal and institutional means of salvation.

Thank you for your opinion.

If this Christian God does exist, I just cannot fathom this God, insisting upon a rule based, patriarchal and institutional means of salvation.

But was this necessary? You can continue to argue why you do not believe on your other threads. Why hijack a perfectly innocent thread?

Yes I can see how much you are not judging or condemning. :rolleyes:

It is always a mistake to start anything with “all” Protestants.

We do not “all” cling to our own version of the bible, any more than you do, though you have many fine biblical exegetes who continue to probe the scriptures for meaning. We both engage in this.

We don’t “all” fail to have non-liturgical services. Many of us have services that some RC’s have confessed they confused for RC masses.

Many of us have large world wide congregations. Many of us honor the saints and the Blessed Mother. Many of us honor the same ECF’s as you do. The Mothers were added rather recently you recall.

I have no clue what you mean by “orginal bible”. When I was a RC, I used serveral different Catholic approved texts, including the NRSV and the New Jerusalem bible. I use both in my present church. You have no bible not available to everyone else. The only difference is one of translation, some are undoubtedly better than others, and SOME Protestant faiths deny the deutero-canonical books known as the Apocrapha.

I am just sad that your are so woefully ignorant of these things. But the good news is, now you know of your ignorance and can rectify it.!

I do not normally go around correcting spelling mistakes, I’m sure I make them quite often myself. But, If I’m not mistaken and if you were not being sarcastic with your spelling there, the correct spelling is Apocrypha.

Are you some kinda hall monitor? You know what people think about hall monitors now, don’t you?

Your questioning why people are present, your correcting spelling mistakes…sheesh. Give it a rest man.

:shrug:

traillius,
I don’t believe it was your intent to be condescending, but…

Lutherans, for example, believe in the communion of Saints, we honor the saints and the BVM, some traditionlist Catholics complain how Novus Ordo is quite similar to the Lutheran divine service. The Lutheran Confession is filled with references to the ECF’s.
We don’t feel denied, and at the same time, pray you are blessed by your communion.

Jon

Shucks, middle school let out already. We should see if we can start some sort of forum “playground” for you and the other kiddies to play on while we adults discuss the important topics.

Well…there go the entire OT and NT as well! :shrug:Catholic Church or not…the Scriptures are highly 'rule-based, patriarchal and institutional means of salvation"…

So, it actually makes sense that you don’t believe at all…:frowning:

Why would you even think that I was being sarcastic? I just said that I use the NRVS and NJ bible. Both have the apocrypha. It was a simple typo. Geesh, is there no let up in the relentless assumption of criticism?

Yep, I immediately thought of Lutherans, Anglicans, Episcopalians…and am not sure if anyone else, who also have at least some of the Sacraments and many other commonalities.

I don’t think these are the denominations we Catholics immediately think of when we say “protestants” and yet the Evangelicals don’t feel that term applies to them either…

all these misunderstandings!:frowning:

No, no, no, it was only because you had the word “****” in it. LOL. Was stupid of me to point that out I guess, but I did notice it.

I’m sure the forum censored what was in quotes, but I’m sure you can figure it out.

Yet, you still had to point it out, now didn’t you.

:clapping:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.