Saddleback urges a crawl, walk & run strategy towards a mental ministry in every church

LAKE FOREST, Calif. (Christian Examiner)—More than 2,200 church leaders assembled for Saddleback Church’s Gathering on Mental Health and the Church were told Thursday that every church—regardless of size or geography—can be involved in ministry to the mentally ill. To demonstrate the opportunity for every church to get involved, attendees were given crawl, walk and run steps to help their congregations develop meaningful ministry to mentally ill individuals.

“When it comes to building a mental health ministry in your church, a mental health strategy can be built over time,” said Tommy Hilliker, Saddleback’s pastor of ministry. “It can be adapted and implemented in all the areas of ministry of any church. It’s regardless of size or location.”

More than 2,200 people attended the conference on Oct. 8 - 9 at the Lake Forest, Calif., campus of Saddleback Church, while nearly 4,000 people watched the conference online

christianexaminer.com/article/saddleback.urges.a.crawl.walk.run.strategy.towards.a.mental.ministry.in.every.church/49638.htm

Sounds good to me.

What a wonderful ministry that would be.

Mary.

There’s an AME church near me with a MH ministry; they see anyone in the community free of charge. :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

What does it mean by Church leaders? Isn’t that a misnomer for even Saddleback?

MJ

I am suspect of anything from Rick Warren. It is probably a worldly approach to mental health care.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.