safe sex...

Most condom failures are due to misuse. This has led some researchers to ask for earlier and more explicit sex education, but such efforts are fought by religious groups campaigning against premarital sex, who feel that explaining the use of condoms and other contraceptives to youngsters encourages such behavior. However, some studies [1] (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=12065267) suggest sexual abstinence-only programs actually increase instances of pregnancy. A 1994 FHI study showed that most condom users rarely experience condom breakage and/or slippage. [2] (fhi.org/en/RH/Pubs/factsheets/breakslip.htm) Condoms currently have a seven percent failure rate, even for people who use them correctly.

Another possible, though rare, cause of condom failure is outright sabotage. There are many recorded cases of one partner desiring to have a child against the other’s wishes. Both genders are known to have taken this course of action, which usually involves piercing the condom’s tip multiple times with a needle prior to intercourse. As this can result in pregnancies unwanted by one of the participants, it is generally seen as a deceitful and unethical act. However, at least one website exists whose purpose is to provide females who want another child against their male partner’s wishes, with advice on condom sabotage.

I need some help debunking this and information that shows safe sex and the ilk is a load of crock…

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_abstinence#Chastity_in_the_context_of_Paraphilia

[quote=Valtiel]I need some help debunking this and information that shows safe sex and the ilk is a load of crock…
[/quote]

How can abstinence programs actually increase pregnancy??? They’re not having sex!

I think one really good statistic is this: Abstinence is 100% effective. No 7% failure.

I would say 1960 years of history in which there was a teenage pregnancy rate of less than 2% that has now climbed to 33% among whites and 60% among blacks is a pretty good indicator. Further as I recall the statistic in 1960 there was perhaps a 2% STD rate in the United States. We know abstinance works. Today 1/2 of those who are sexually active have some form of STD. Now are they using condoms? There is plenty of education about them so it doesn’t matter. But it doesn’t take intercourse to transmit an STD. Genital contact will do it as well. If you want some good info on this check out Pam Stenzel. She lays the statistics out pretty nicely. Condoms aren’t going to solve the problem

God bless

[quote=thessalonian]I would say 1960 years of history in which there was a teenage pregnancy rate of less than 2% that has now climbed to 33% among whites and 60% among blacks is a pretty good indicator. Further as I recall the statistic in 1960 there was perhaps a 2% STD rate in the United States. We know abstinance works. Today 1/2 of those who are sexually active have some form of STD. Now are they using condoms? There is plenty of education about them so it doesn’t matter. But it doesn’t take intercourse to transmit an STD. Genital contact will do it as well. If you want some good info on this check out Pam Stenzel. She lays the statistics out pretty nicely. Condoms aren’t going to solve the problem

God bless
[/quote]

What is this pam stenzel stuff, I NEED IT!!!

Why does it matter why condoms fail? They do, both as contraceptives and as prophylactics. :frowning:

If you don’t use them, you won’t have to worry about a deceitful or inept partner, any more than a defective condom or one of those statistically “random” failures. :bigyikes:

Abstinence works every time it’s used, for both purposes. :yup:

Except, of course, when one uses a public toilet seat. :whistle:

Alan

Well… I have been practicing abstanence… I am a virgin… I am quite sure I have not gotten any woman pregnant.

Their “argument” makes no sense.

[quote=Valtiel]What is this pam stenzel stuff, I NEED IT!!!
[/quote]

Here ya go.

pamstenzel.com/

She’s a straight shooter and listening to her while my two teenage boys were sitting there I said to myself, Lord should my boys be hearing this at their age? The I said they have to. Look in her catalog. Her videos are highly recommended.

Blessings

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.