Saint Anthony the Abbot, patron saint of bacon?

Hello all today i went to a yard sale and picked up this little statue of saint anthony the Abbot and it said patron saint of bacon im not sure if it was a joke or a legitimate thing. I picked it up because i was curious if Saint anthony the Abbot was actually the patron saint of bacon. This is a interesting topic and aserious question any help would be nice because i have come to no final answer. Thank you all and God Bless.:signofcross::knight2::gopray::gopray2:

Hi,

St. Anthony, abbot is patron saint against pestilence and of: amputees, animals, basket makers, basket weavers, brushmakers, butchers, cemetery workers, domestic animals, eczema, epilepsy, epileptics, ergotism (Saint Anthony’s fire), erysipelas, gravediggers, graveyards, hermits, hogs, Hospitallers, monks, pigs, relief from pestilence, skin diseases, skin rashes, swine, swineherds.

Fr. Vincent Serpa, O.P.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.