Saint Gertrude The Great's Prayer For Souls In Latin

Looking for a good Latin translation of St Gertrude The Great’s prayer for souls:

*Eternal Father, I offer you the most precious Blood of your Divine Son Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, those in my own home and within my family
I found a thread on the prayer with 1,400 some replies, but the pages I went through were all in English

Thanks in advance for any replies

What I’ve found so far…

Word Search - Divine Mercy Prayer Latin

See also:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaplet_of_Divine_Mercy

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Thy Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world."

Latin:“Pater aeterne, offero tibi Corpus et Sanguinem, animam et divinitatem dilectissimi Filii Tui, Domini nostri, Iesu Christi, in propitiatione pro peccatis nostris et totius mundi.”

translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php?from=Latin&to=English

This is what that translater came up with.

Eternus Abbas , EGO dedi vos plurrimi precious Cruor of vestri Divinus Filius Jesus , in iugum per plebis said per orbis terrarum hodie , pro totus sanctus animus in Purgatory , pro sinners undique , pro sinners in omnimodus Templum , illud in meus own domus quod intus meus prosapia.

Barbkw

Thank you for the link to the translator. These can get you started on a translation, but the accuracy is often spotty. Since Saint Gertrude was known to be a prolific writer in Latin, I was hoping someone had a direct quote.

Frankly I can’t make out all of the translation you posted. But with no direct quote apparently available, I’ll start with the translation accompanied by my dictionary, grammar and verb books.

I’ve been making some nice progress on my Latin over the last months with a new course (as opposed to Wheelock’s Latin) I came across. I’ll be posting the details of the course for anyone interested in the next day or so.

Thanks again

Jerry

If you enter the same Latin phrase this is what it comes back as in English on the translator:

Eternal Father , I to give you the most to anticipate Cruoris of your Divine Son Jesus , upon yoke very the common people said very the world today , for whole holy courage upon Cleaning out , for sinners from all sides , for sinners upon universal Sacred precinct , that upon my own household and within my family

So I’m not at all sure the translator is completely accurate, or if the Latin speech is that much different from English.

Very few meanings are going to be intact fully in the English-Latin-English or Latin-English-Latin schematic. Who would translate “Lift up your hearts” as “sursum corda” or “The Lord be with you” as “Dominus vobiscum”, for example? The English supplies the action words “lift” and “be” where the Latin doesn’t require it so the entire meaning and understanding can be distorted, and it usually is. We can only provide an educated guess for the meanings. Even most English synonyms have subtle differences in meaning, “assume” and “presume” for example, though we tend to use so many of them interchangeably.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.