Saint Malachy Prophecies

Does the church believe that these are true (or allows catholics to believe it). I remember once when I was young and in Catholic School, one of the priests in the mass did a homily on the Malachy prophecies. It was fascinating at that age since at the time I was interested in things like that and Nostradamus. So does the Church seriously believe in the idea that there is only one more pope? It seems crazy, and from what I've heard other priests say, it's not something to hold much stock in.

This post from an apologist seems to be a good answer:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=49310&highlight=malachy

[quote="benjammin, post:1, topic:292474"]
Does the church believe that these are true (or allows catholics to believe it). I remember once when I was young and in Catholic School, one of the priests in the mass did a homily on the Malachy prophecies. It was fascinating at that age since at the time I was interested in things like that and Nostradamus. So does the Church seriously believe in the idea that there is only one more pope? It seems crazy, and from what I've heard other priests say, it's not something to hold much stock in.

[/quote]

The Malachy prophecies are widely believed to be forgeries.

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/corona_stellarum/Smilies/QATC.gif

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.