Saint Movies

I saw Padre Pio: Miracle Man today. What a great movie.
What do you think are the best movies on the saints?
My favorites are:

1. Padre Pio: Miracle Man
  2. Faustina
  3. Flowers of St. Francis
  4. A Man For All Seasons
  5. Song of Bernadette

“The Passion of Bernadette” is quite good–much better than “Bernadette” starring the same gal, Sidney Penny.

If you liked ‘Man For All Seasons’, I recommend you find the other big costume drama about a British martyr named Thomas – ‘Becket’. It’s amazing.

I love “Marcelino Pan y Vino” It is my all time favorite.
Also “St Therese”

Teresa de Jesus is really good. EWTN has been airing it the past week, and tomorrow they’re showing the final episode. I’ve missed part of it, and it’s on at 5am. However, once I realized it was on, I started getting up early just so I could watch it.

Scout :tiphat:

Yes, the recently made “Therese” about the life of St. Therese of Liseux was very good. There have also been a couple of good movies on Joan of Arc except for “The Warrior” (I think it was called) which I didn’t care for much.

Of the Jeanne de Arc films the best ever was a silent French one called “La Passion de Jeanne d’Arc”. You won’t be able to take your eyes off it, I promise you.

Definitely

I have this on DVD. Very good.

I want to see this too.

Scout :tiphat:

Also good.

Thank you for the recommendations!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.