Saint name for confirmation

Today our RCIA director told us that we would be picking saint names. My given name is James and I wish to have James the son of Zebedee as my first saint name. I have done some research and it seems I can have more than one saint name, although I am not sure how many I can have. I am a musician by trade and so I wish to add St. Cecilia to the name, but I also aspire to the childlike humility of Therese of Lisieux. So I was thinking something like "James Cecilia Therese". Is this too long and unreasonable? And can I have this many names? Thoughts?

Thanks!!

[quote="eyesopening, post:1, topic:315793"]
Today our RCIA director told us that we would be picking saint names. My given name is James and I wish to have James the son of Zebedee as my first saint name. I have done some research and it seems I can have more than one saint name, although I am not sure how many I can have. I am a musician by trade and so I wish to add St. Cecilia to the name, but I also aspire to the childlike humility of Therese of Lisieux. So I was thinking something like "James Cecilia Therese". Is this too long and unreasonable? And can I have this many names? Thoughts?

Thanks!!

[/quote]

That is not to long. Talk with your priest about it. It is probably fine. Welcome to the Church! :thumbsup:

Hi. I will be confirmed this SATURDAY, Feb.23.
My name is Leo Angelo
I have a great devotion to THE HOLY THREE ARCHANGELS,
Michael
Gabriel and
Raphael.
My favorite one is Michael, he is my patron,my intercessor and he granted me a lot of spiritual and physical gifts. He is my inspiration everyday to fight satan through prayer. I felt his presence during exams when I cant remember the answer when a picture of him felled on the floor and suddenly, I've remembered the answers(and the resut, I passed)
My guardian angel is Gabriel, (for I was born on a Monday)
and Raphael because I felt his precense on an examination day when I cannot remember the answer, I prayed to him and I have remembered the Answers.
Which one of the names will I take to be my confirmation name? Can it be just Angelo?

But more on the topic, your chosen names are great and I have a devotion to those saints also. That name is not too long. I, if possible,would include ALL the names of saints for they choose no person to intercede.:D
God bless and may the Holy Spirit help us in our Confirmation:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.