Saint(s) for dating couples; chastity/purity prayers

Hello,

I’m looking for a saint or saints (perhaps a married couple?) that a dating couple could pray to on a regular basis asking for direction, guidance, and strength to remain pure and chaste.

Also, if you know any good chastity or purity prayers, please link me to them.

Thanks!

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I highly recommend St Maria Goretti and this prayer:

*Prayer Before a Date

Dear Little Saint Maria Goretti! Teach me that God must be my first love and that all other love is based on Him and Him alone. Obtain for me the grace to cease toying with the occasions of sin and to remember that my body and the bodies of all in grace are temples of the Holy Spirit, destined someday for a glorious resurrection.

Through your beautiful example, teach me the value and dignity of Christian modesty. Grant that I may never be the occasion of dragging others into Hell, by suggestive words or evil deeds of any kind. Through the merits of your Martyrdom, obtain for me the grace to turn aside from sin, no matter what the cost, so that one day I may enjoy Heaven with you and all the other saints. Amen.*

Visit mariagoretti.org for more info

God bless

Tony

I’m going to write out something that I say. It’s a little prayer that I found in the book “Pure Womanhood” by Crystalina Evert. I changed a few lines to better fit my needs and added a few saint recognitions at the end. I have been saying this prayer for a few years, and can honestly say it has made a very positive impact on my life. Hopefully it can help you too!

Mary, loving daughter of God the Father, I entrust my soul to you. Protect the life of God in my soul; do not let me lose it by sin. Protect my mind and my will so that all my thoughts and desires will be pleasing to God.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee…

Mary, loving mother of God the Son, I entrust my heart to you. Let me love you with all my heart; let me always try to love my neighbor. Help me avoid friends who might leave me away from Jesus and into a life of sin.

Mary, loving spouse of the Holy Spirit, I entrust my body to you. Let me always remember that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me. Let me never sin against the Holy Spirit by any impure actions alone or with others.

St. Joseph, caring protector of the Holy Family, pray for us.
St. Raphael, lover of chastity, pray for us.
St. Maria Goretti, guard of purity, pray for us.
St. Monica, trusting wife and mother, pray for us.

Mary, help me to remain chaste and pure this and every day of my life. Amen.

Louis and Zelie Martin, the parents of St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower. Their cause for beatification has been introduced, so we know they lived holy lives. If I recall correctly, they either began their marriage with a year of celibacy or planned to. Give them a google and see.

Betsy

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.