Saints thread for All Saints Day

Well, it’s getting late in the Eve of All Saints and All Saints Day is nearly here, so I thought a thread about the saints would be nice. Who are your favorite saints? What saints do you have a devotion to? Any saint stories you would like to relate?

St. Monica is my hero! :thumbsup:

Talk about perseverance in prayer.

St. Juan Diego. He was so humble and had such a simple faith, yet was used of God to bring about the evangelization of the masses through our Lady of Guadalupe, just 15 years after Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the door. That’s awesome.

St Augustine
St James (the greater)
St Francis of Assisi
St Angela Merici
St Anthony the Abbott

St Peter is a kindred spirit as is St Thomas the Apostle

My personal favorite saints have changed as I migrate through the stages of my life.

Currently, my closest devotion is to Saint Monica and Saint Joseph.

I have been working with my kids on picking Confirmation saints and have become really interested in Saint Gregory the Great.

Saint Francis of Assisi is my fave :slight_smile:

I love how he gave up almost all material things in order to serve God and help others do the same… Kinda how I want to live my life!

Our Blessed Mother!

My other favorites change over time. Current fascination: St. Pio.

St. Joseph
and
St. André of Montreal.

Some of my favorates:

St. Paul
St. Augustine of Hippo
St. Benedict of Nursia
St. Alfred
St. Olaf Haroldson
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Thomas Aquinas

I’m very fond of St. Thomas Aquinas. I’m convinced that he’s been praying for me during my conversion and I couldn’t thank him enough. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.