Salma Hayek’s New Animated Film ‘The Prophet’ Brings All Religions Together

Salma Hayek’s new animated film The Prophet which she both produced and to which she lent her vocal acting talents, has several messages that bring together all religions, the Huffington Post reports.

The Prophet is based on the volume of poetry of the same name by Lebanese-American author Kahlil Gibran. The book has sold over 100 million copies since 1923.
The film focuses on eight separate issues that cut across any religious boundaries including children, eating, drinking, freedom, marriage, work, love and death. “I think it’s nice to remember that it was an Arab man who wrote a philosophy book that brings all religions together,” said Hayek.

In an era when religion plays an enormous role in the politics of the world, Gibran’s original vision is refreshing. Religious discussion sits at the center of most debates of violence between countries and also has a hand in the gay rights movement which has gained momentum over the past year.

worldreligionnews.com/religion-news/salma-hayeks-new-animated-film-the-prophet-brings-all-religions-together

Of course Gibran was a Maronite Catholic and his mother was the daughter of a priest, his own views on religion were somewhat syncretic however although his stress on the avoidance of violence or conflict are well worth considering for all.I read him when younger and whilst I don’t find him as profound as some I think he was a well intentioned man who had definite talents.

Well I’m looking forward to seeing the film and was happy that there was some influence in the film from the much loved book “The Prophet” Kahlil Gibran… Gibran’s poetry has inspired so many.

Gibran met Abdul-Baha in New York and did a portrait of Him…

See:

sarwal.org/BahArt/Kahlil%20Gibran.htm

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.