Salvation for All

To All:

In Islam, what we are told is, God Almighty did reveal messeges to the previous Prophets like Moses, David and Jesus (peace be upon them all) for their nations. As such their followers are called ‘People of the Book’ in Islam and they are not Mushrikeen (idol-worshipers).

But unfortunatley their followers did not preserve properly their Revelations and somehow Holy Books got corrupted from their own hands.

So we read in the Old Testament:

“‘How can you say, “We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD,” when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?’” -----(From the N.I.V. Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)

"How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie."-----(From the R.S.V. Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)

"How can you say, “We are wise, we have the law of the LORD”? Why, that has been changed into falsehood by the lying pen of the scribes! "-----(From the Catholic Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)

In these different translations, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

See Also Deuteronomy 31:25-29 where Moses peace be upon him predicted the corruption/tampering of the Law (Bible) after his death.

** "After Moses finished writing in a book the words of this law from beginning to end, 25 he gave this command to the Levites who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD : 26 “Take this Book of the Law and place it beside the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God. There it will remain as a witness against you. 27 For I know how rebellious and stiff-necked you are. If you have been rebellious against the LORD while I am still alive and with you, how much more will you rebel after I die! 28 Assemble before me all the elders of your tribes and all your officials, so that I can speak these words in their hearing and call heaven and earth to testify against them. 29 For I know that after my death you are sure to become utterly corrupt and to turn from the way I have commanded you. In days to come, disaster will fall upon you because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD and provoke him to anger by what your hands have made.”-----(**From the N.I.V. Bible, Deuteronomy 31:25-29)

The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted. The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately **826 ** years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

And as to the New Testament, we read Under Canon of the New Testament the Catholic Encyclopedia:

“The idea of a complete and clear-cut canon of the New Testament existing from the beginning, that is from Apostolic times, has no foundation in history. The Canon of the New Testament, like that of the Old, is the result of a development, of a process at once stimulated by disputes with doubters, both within and without the Church, and retarded by certain obscurities and natural hesitations, and which did not reach its final term until the dogmatic definition of the Tridentine Council.”

After studying the writings of all the Apostolic Fathers viz., Clement of Rome, Ignatius, the Didache, fragments of Papias, Barnabas, Hermas of Rome, and the so-called 2 Clement, **Bruce Metzger ** (a world renowned authority on the manuscripts and transmission of the Greek New Testament (NT) text) concludes:

"For early Jewish Christians the Bible consisted of the Old Testament and some Jewish apocryphal literature. Along with this written authority went traditions, chiefly oral, of sayings attributed to Jesus. On the other hand, authors who belonged to the ‘Hellenistic Wing’ of the Church refer more frequently to writings that later came to be included in the New Testament. At the same time, however, they very rarely regarded such documents as ‘Scripture’.

Furthermore, there was as yet no conception of the duty of exact quotation from books that were not yet in the full sense canonical. Consequently, it is sometimes exceedingly difficult to ascertain which New Testament books were known to early Christian writers; our evidence does not become clear until the end of second century." ------[Metzger, The Canon Of The New Testament: Its Origin, Significance & Development pp. 72-73.]

For more details read: “Church Tradition & The Textual Integrity Of The Bible” at islamic-awareness.org

Consider the following admission as well:

The original copies of the NT books have, of course, long since disappeared. This fact should not cause surprise. In the first place, they were written on papyrus, a very fragile and perishable material. In the second place, and probably of even more importance, the original copies of the NT books were not looked upon as scripture by those of the early Christian communities.”-----[George Arthur Buttrick (Ed.), The Interpreter’s Dictionary Of The Bible, Volume 1, pp. 599 (Under Text, NT).]

( continued on next post )

So lets see what the Holy Quran says:

**"Know they not Allah Knoweth what they [the Jews] conceal and what they reveal? And there are among them [the Jews] illiterates, who know not the Book, but (see therein their own) desires, and they do nothing but conjecture.

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say: ‘This is from Allah,’ To traffic with it for a miserable price! Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby**."----(The Noble Quran, 2:77-78)

So the whole Bible according to the Holy Quran and the Bible itself is corrupted, and Jews, Christians and Muslims must follow the Noble Quran and Islam to get accurate Justice.

"Those who follow the Messenger [Muhammad], the unlettered Prophet, whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) in the Law and the Gospel for he commands them what is just and forbids them what is evil; he allows them as lawful what is good and prohibits them from what is bad; He releases them from their heavy burdens and from the yokes that are upon them. So it is those who believe in him, honor him, help him, and follow the Light which is sent down with him- it is they who will prosper."----(The Noble Quran, 7:157 )

So God Almighty when sent the final reveletion (the Holy Quran) which is called Al-Furqaan (The Criterion) because it differentiates between truth and falsehood, between guidance and misguidance and between the lawful and prohibited, there is no need to follow previous revelations (that were also time bound and limited to the specific nations) because the Holy Quran is meant for whole mankind and messege is also completed, as we read:

"…This day those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: Yet fear them not But fear Me (Allah). This day have I (Allah) perfected your religion for you, completed my favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your (complete) religion"…(The Noble Quran, 5:3)

For more info:

harunyahya.com/c_islam_christianity_judaism.php

harunyahya.com/books/faith/gladtidings/gladtidings10.php

This tells me nothing except someone doesn’t know how to properly translate the Bible.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.