Salvation is the key--

ONe of the things I am noticing is that alot of you on this forum have a terrible view on salvation–THE WRONG ATTTIUDE—MOST OF YOU WILL dEFEND ALL THE OTHER DOCTRINES BEATIFULLY–indulgences, Justification, Immaculate Conception, Real Presence, Assumption, etc–but when it comes to salvation you are very slow to remind other people in other faiths that their salvation is at stake and they run a gravew risk of eternal damnation—ur very quick to point out invincible ignorance though–as if it is a free pass for all those who are not Catholic—GUEES WHAT ITS NOT–and invincible ignorance must be just that–INVINCIBLE–IT CANT JUST BE IGNORANCE IT HAS TO BE INVINCIBLE IGNORANCE-- and even if someone is invincibley ignorant he may still go to hell for committing another mortal sin—(read Jimmy Akin’s invincible ignorance) I fear that many of you will rant and rave how you do beleive that everyone should be converted—and you will criticize the approach–saying that you cant go a round always telling people they are going to hell–agree but ask yourselves have u ever even mentioned hell once to a Protestant??..

Good post marineboy. Now I have a question that I have been wrestling with.

What is ABSOLUTELY needed for salvation? I mean what do we need to do and believe for salvation?

The reason I ask this is because even though the Church teaches many items of faith, not all of those items are related to salvation, but rather devotions.

So what items of faith are needed for salvation?

or a jew or muslim??? hmmm I bet many if not most of you7 have not–now I a not advocating being obnoxious but I a advocating that we tell them in charity at certain times-(of course after you explain why our position is correct) an example of this, and I have said this before, is Pat Madrid’s (at the time V.P. of Catholic Answers) debate with james white on Sola Scriptura–at the end of the debate Madrid said that “many of you ru the risk of going to hell for not entering the Catholic faith.” How many of you have done that??? I fear many of you yourselves may be in grave danger because , in practice, your indifferent.-- “If I ay to the wickedman, You shall surely die; and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his wicked conduct so that he may live: that wicked an shall die for his sin, but I WILL HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS DEATH.” EZ 2:18—MANY OF YOU COULD BE ON YOUR ROAD TO ETERNAL DAMNATION BECAUSE YOU HAVENT WARNED THOSE WHO ARE OUTSIDE THE HOLY ROMAN CHURCH–PRAY ABOUT IT—

Good post marineboy.

I have a question that I have been wrestling with.

What is ABSOLUTELY needed for salvation? I mean what do we need to do and believe for salvation?

The reason I ask this is because even though the Church teaches many items of faith, not all of those items are related to salvation, but rather devotions.

So what items of faith are needed for salvation?

[quote=marineboy]or a jew or muslim??? hmmm I bet many if not most of you7 have not–now I a not advocating being obnoxious but I a advocating that we tell them in charity at certain times-(of course after you explain why our position is correct) an example of this, and I have said this before, is Pat Madrid’s (at the time V.P. of Catholic Answers) debate with james white on Sola Scriptura–at the end of the debate Madrid said that “many of you ru the risk of going to hell for not entering the Catholic faith.” How many of you have done that??? I fear many of you yourselves may be in grave danger because , in practice, your indifferent.-- “If I ay to the wickedman, You shall surely die; and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his wicked conduct so that he may live: that wicked an shall die for his sin, but I WILL HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS DEATH.” EZ 2:18—MANY OF YOU COULD BE ON YOUR ROAD TO ETERNAL DAMNATION BECAUSE YOU HAVENT WARNED THOSE WHO ARE OUTSIDE THE HOLY ROMAN CHURCH–PRAY ABOUT IT—
[/quote]

Hi Marineboy, I dont want anyones blood on my hands.Thats why I,m doing what He has commanded us to do as Christians. GO AND PREACH THE GOOD NEWS. :wink: God Bless

[quote=gelsbern]What is ABSOLUTELY needed for salvation? I mean what do we need to do and believe for salvation?

[/quote]

Well, to make it simple, all you need is grace, specifically sanctifying grace. You need to believe everything that the Church teaches infallibly (ie concerning faith and morals). To reject one of these things with full knowledge and consent would be heresy, which I believe is a mortal sin. If you die in a state of mortal sin, you will not be saved.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.