Sam Adams and Heineken Boycotts St. Patrick's Day Parades

money.cnn.com/2014/03/14/pf/heineken-sam-adams-parades/

This is getting out of hand with the people and businesses jumping on the LGBT bandwagon. I wonder if they were coerced into boycotting? I’m seriously starting to think gayness is a mental disorder. I already know leftism is…

I would recommend any number of really good abbey beers out there.

Here is one that I wish they’d export to the States: birranursia.com/en/ (brewed by the Benedictine Monks of Norcia – home of St Benedict) On edit: one little piece of trivia…this was the official beer of the Papal conclave last year.

Or you have Spencer Trappist Ale – brewed by the monks of St Joseph Abbey in Spencer, MA.

Or any number of fine Belgian Abbey Ales.

Or…homebrew!

Don’t forget the official blessing of beer (from the Rituale Romanum):V. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
R. Who made heaven and earth.
V. The Lord be with you.
R. And with thy spirit.
Let us pray.
Bless, + O Lord, this creature beer, which thou hast deigned to produce from the fat of grain: that it may be a salutary remedy to the human race, and grant through the invocation of thy holy name; that, whoever shall drink it, may gain health in body and peace in soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

I tend to drink Guinness or Harp or Warsteiner, or some really exotic craft beer, not Heineken or Sam Adams. Not much of a beer drinker anyway.

Belgian Abbey or Spencer Trappist Ales? Benedictine Monk brews? Could be worth looking into …

That said, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day,
if those who wish to boycott Heineken or Sam Adams
would donate the cost of a beer to charity,
and if those of us who may not even drink beer
would donate the cost of a beer to charity,
(um, or buy beer from monks?)
could be that all those “widow’s mites”
that may not make much of a difference to Heineken or Sam Adams
just might do some good somewhere
for someone who would appreciate it.

:irish3:

Hey, I figure if you’re going to drink: drink Catholic.

(The fact that it’s also the !best! beer in the world doesn’t hurt, either)

(And don’t forget to drink Mystic Monk in the morning…)

I really don’t care what Sam Adams or Heineken does or who they boycott. I don’t use their products anyway.

They will get plenty of blow back from this. I’m sure the void will be filled.

They’re decent beers, but nothing special. Now I have no reason whatsoever to buy there product though.

Why are they legally forbidden from marching openly?

They aren’t legally forbidden.

It’s right at the top of the article:

gay and lesbian groups aren’t allowed to march openly.

They aren’t allowed but it’s not a legal thing. Both parades (NY and Boston) are organized and sponsored by private organizations who chose (as they are Constitutionally allowed to) to not include homosexual demonstrations in their parades.

No private organization can be forced to accept an application for any organization especially one like these.

Ah, I see. Thank you.

That’s fine. I’m boycotting Sam Adams and Heineken.

DGB

:thumbsup:

You’ll come back to Heineken…if only for their awesome differing logos on each bottle of beer.

This parade is about St. Patrick and Irish American heritage. It is not a parade about sex or sexuality. Didn’t St. Patrick lead a celibate life anyway? Keep your bedroom stuff to yourself, please. The St Patrick’s Day parade is family oriented. There will be children present. The “gay pride” parades are supposed to be family oriented as well, but there are far too many instances of those parades including public nudity, which definitely does not belong in a parade where children are watching (they really need to take their “pride” parades into an adults-only club and not “expose” themselves to children). Does there really need to be nudity or even a mention of sex at St. Patrick’s parade? I don’t think so.

I feel like these activist groups are doing this for the purpose of stirring up trouble and sadly many people cannot see through their games and are backing up the activist groups. It’s the emotional “victim” card rather than the objective “Why does sexuality need to be in a St. Patrick’s Day parade to begin with? Do they really need to mention that they like to have relations with persons of the same gender at every parade they go to? Nobody else seems to feel the need to announce whom they sleep with, so why are they?”

:amen:
:clapping:
Oh man! I love this forum!

This was literally the exact same thought that I had! Ayep, we must be pretty Catholic:

“Major beer companies are boycotting St. Patrick’s Day bc they support gay rights?”

"BUY ALL THE MONK BEER!!!"
:thumbsup:

Wanna bet?

Well I’ve drank my last Sam Adams. Until they amend their stance on this matter.

ATB

Sure. I’ll wager a case of Heineken…

Neither is worth the bottle they’re poured into.

Heineken especially…I swear they filter that swill through old wet cardboard boxes.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.