Same-sex marriage and Christian denominations.

I would like to know the official opinion about same-sex marriage in those Christian denominations:

• The official opinion of the Vatican.
  • The official opinion of the Orthodox.
  • The official opinion of the Protestants.
  • The official opinion of the Anglicans.

And I have a question regarding the Episcopal Church in this link, is the Episcopal Church part of the Anglicans denomination, because I really don’t understand how come they associate (Micah 6:8) for the the blessing of same-sex marriage (which according to my understanding has nothing to do with sex at all), yet they neglect the punishment for such act in (Genesis 19).

The Catholic Church teachs that marriage can only be between one man and one woman. All homosexual *activity *is disordered and a sin against the Sixth Commandment.

A Catholic has already responded to your question.

May I ask the official opinion of Islam towards same sex marriage? All I know is what I’ve seen on the news and that’s been executions. In Catholicism, even though the Church is against all homosexual activity, we are still taught to show those people compassion.

Homosexual activity seems to cross all cultures and religions.

May the peace of the Lord be with you.

Prodigal Son1

Islam’s law has nothing against being a gay or lesbian, but it has against performing homosexual acts like the people of Sodom & Gomorrah, if someone is gay or lesbian, there is nothing in Quran or Hadith condemning them, but if anyone performed any type of sexual orientation, then they should be executed according to the Islamic law, however, there are some extremists in Saudi Arabia, Iran, and some other Islamic countries whom execute those people even if they didn’t practice any sexual acts, as seen in this link.

I agree with you that we should show those people compassion, if someone born gay or lesbian, yet he or she didn’t practice any homosexual act, then they should have the right to live and work as any other person in this world, but unfortunately that’s not the case in our Islamic world, most of the time those people will face discrimination and might be killed just because they are gays or lesbians as seen in the link above.

Having said that, I’m also with the punishment of those people if they practice such homosexual acts publicly, as seen nowadays in the public media about same-sax marriage, definitely that is not acceptable, and that might leads to severe punishment from God as indicated in (Genesis 19).

murdering someone because they engaged in a homosexual act is also a form of extremism. It is a bit “through the looking glass” to hear someone say that killing someone for being gay is wrong and that they should only be killed for having sex with another person of the same gender.

If that was done publicly, which might leads to people walking in the streets and seeing gays or lesbians kissing each others infront of children & everyone else , then that is totally not acceptable, we should all remember the story of Sodom & Gomorrah.

We should all remember it was the Lord that destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah…not men.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.