Same-sex marriage gets boost

ajc.com/health/content/health/0505/23gay.html

Psychiatrists’ proclamation is first for a medical association

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 05/23/05 The country’s leading mental health organization voted Sunday in Atlanta to support marriage for same-sex couples, the first major medical association to do so in the polarizing debate.

Representatives from the American Psychiatric Association took up gay marriage as an issue at their 158th annual convention this week and approved a proclamation to support legalizing such marriage.

click link for full article.

Well - I’m thankful we don’t need psychiatrists… we have confession :slight_smile:

From the article:

“The psychiatrists said discrimination is toxic to mental health, and as medical professionals, condoning it collides with the ethics of their profession.”

I guess discrimination is more toxic to mental health than homosexuality is to total health. Sounds like more political correctness.

[quote=buffalo]From the article:

“The psychiatrists said discrimination is toxic to mental health, and as medical professionals, condoning it collides with the ethics of their profession.”

I guess discrimination is more toxic to mental health than homosexuality is to total health. Sounds like more political correctness.
[/quote]

Its called moral relativism and to subscribe to it is a sin for a Catholic.

Is this the same group that decided that homosexual behavior was not a mental health problem. As I recall it was a group of homosexual that decided that anyway. How many homosexual were involved in making this current decision?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.