Same-sex marriage now legally recognized in Ky

A federal judge on Thursday signed an order directing officials in Kentucky to immediately recognize same-sex marriages performed in other states and countries.

U.S. District Judge John G. Heyburn II issued a final order throwing out part of the state’s ban on gay marriages. It makes official his Feb. 12 ruling that Kentucky’s ban on same-sex marriages treated “gay and lesbian persons differently in a way that demeans them.”

Same-sex couples may change their names on official identifications and documents and obtain any other benefits of a married couple in Kentucky. The order doesn’t affect a related lawsuit seeking to force the state to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

The fight for equal recognition continues to pick up steam. Even I am surprised at how quickly things are moving.

I believe it’s not unreasonable to find that within 10 years, same sex marriage will be legal in all 50 states.

I don’t think that it’s unreasonable to find that in 100 years, they’ll be in Hell. Not with certainty, but not a step in the right direction.

It should not be at all surprising. The citizens of Kentucky voted against allowing same sex marriage, and one man reversed them all. Typical of our time.

It only took one vote to legalize abortion on demand, too. But some votes mean more than all the rest.

Welcome to Manor Farm.

=EmperorNapoleon;11751474]The fight for equal recognition continues to pick up steam.

That’s not equality; a gay and straight relationship will never be the same no matter what the state says.

Even I am surprised at how quickly things are moving.

A very unfortunate series of events to say the least.

=EmperorNapoleon;11751474]The fight for equal recognition continues to pick up steam.

That’s not equality; a gay and straight relationship will never be the same no matter what the state says.

Even I am surprised at how quickly things are moving.

A very unfortunate series of events to say the least.

Golly gee, I thought that a “majority” were now in favor of so-called gay “marriage”. :shrug: :rolleyes:

I know! It has been moving right along in the last 10 years, but then all at once the last year has just been warp speed. When I was doing my poli sci undergrad, even the nation’s top political science academics and sociologists were baffled by the movement’s speed and success. I wonder what they’re thinking now!

It is a black day indeed.

I’m willing to bet polygamous marriages will be accepted within less than 20 years.

I’m not surprised at all since it was prophesied thousands of years ago in the Holy Bible that the world would be like Sodom and Gomorrah in the end times.

End times will bring greater persecution to Christians, Pope says

These worldly powers which seek to destroy God, noted the Pope, also manifest in the contemporary desire to keep religion as “a private thing,” alluding to the fact that today many religious symbols have become taboo.

“You must obey the orders which come from worldly powers. You can do many things, beautiful things, but not adore God. Worship is prohibited. This is at the center of the end of time.”

Once we “reach the fullness of this pagan attitude,” the Pope continued, “then yes, he will come…’ truly the Son of Man will come in a cloud with great power and glory.’”

As a general rule, whenever the State opens itself up to lawsuits when it regulates in the prohibitive rather than the affirmative. The speed is the result of pre-emptive gay marriage prohibitions and the success is at least partially accounted for by the fact that those prohibitions united the gay community on a scale which hasn’t been seen since Stonewall.

The moral of this story, then, being 'do nothing, lie down and take it". Right?

That the will of the people matter very little when a country has immersed itself in the culture of death.

Sometimes the devil moves quickly.

I think its funny how the argument of the gay lobby has changed with “the movement’s speed and success”. At first it was “what we do behind closed doors is our business”. Then they were requesting acceptance of their lifestyle. Now, they DEMAND conformity to their worldview.

Anything less, and you’re a bigot.

It is scary how fast evil moves. The key is just because the courts rule evil is good does not mean we have to accept it. There is no such thing as homosexual marriage and we must be firm in our conviction that we will never affirm in any way.At the start it will only be commercial establishments that will be the price for their convictions but it will spread until there is huge economic and social pressure on all of to cave in and affirm evil. We, as Catholics, Must NEVER do this.

Oh no doubt. The SCOTUS will force it on all the states. The odd thing is their recent ruling said federal marriage laws were invalid because states have the right to define marriage however they want and the federal government is obliged to recognize that. But here the judge is saying that one state’s definition can be forced upon another state. One would assume the states are equally sovereign. But in this case if one state defines marriage as polygamous marriage all states would be obliged to accept that. So in the end marriage in the US would be the union of all definitions in the various states. What insanity. But I expect nothing less from the not so brilliant men who sit as judges.

The danger is the courts are invalidating the vote of the people so soon after the vote. Personally I already thought US democracy was a sham. But more people might be persuaded to that opinion when their vote is so easily cast aside. When people lose confidence and respect for the government it loses its power. Its power ultimately is only in the acquiescence of the people because with all governments there are less rulers than ruled.

When the government’s power through consent of the governed is lost, it resorts to force. We see that more and more.

Elections have consequences. Holder refused to defend DOMA when it when it went before the USSC, For all those Catholics who voted for Obama all I can say is we told you so.

The next shoe to fall will be the removal of tax exempt status for a religion that refuses to perform same sex marriage.

The great irony is that only a minuscule number of homosexuals will avail themselves of the right to marriage. This has never been about the right to get married-it has always been about legitimizing homosexuality.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.