San Francisco Monthly STD Report

According to San Francisco muncipal STD clinic, gay-bisexual men report 7.9 different partners in 2 months in 2003. A graph with the average number of sex partners of gay/bisexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women is there. Average number of partners for heterosexuals is around 5 in 12 months. Average number of partners for gay/bisexual men is around 20 and gay/bisexual men with HIV/AIDS have many more average partners than gay/bisexual men without HIV/AIDS.

sfdph.org/dph/files/reports/StudiesData/STD/STD0408.pdf

How can they not see a problem with this?

to me this is evidence against pushing for condom usage. with the rate of stds there geez, if i were there and single id be scared to not be celibate.

condoms are your friend
:slight_smile:

maybe if they worked half as good as people think. to get that 99% protection you need ‘proper usage’, according to the manufacturers that is over 20 steps. how many people do you think know all 20 let alone do them.

besides their inherent immorrality, they just arent that good.

This should come as no surprise. As I have said in other posts, I used to work with STD control, and the hardest hit population is the homosexual men. I can tell you that for every one case I had that didn’t deal with a homosexual male (either male or female) I had 3 that were. The sad thing is, a good number of people who eventually get HIV do so on purpose. In the homosexual community, sometimes men will get infected by their already infected partner(s) so they can all go through the experience together. It can be compared to men gaining “sympathy weight” with their pregnant wives. That’s just another reason to show how disordered their thinking is: “You have a disease that is going to slowly, methodically, and painfully kill you and to show you that I love you and our three friends who have it, I’m gonna get it too.” Just doesn’t make sense to me.

According to San Francisco muncipal STD clinic, gay-bisexual men report 7.9 different partners in 2 months in 2003. A graph with the average number of sex partners of gay/bisexual men, heterosexual men, and heterosexual women is there. Average number of partners for heterosexuals is around 5 in 12 months. Average number of partners for gay/bisexual men is around 20 and gay/bisexual men with HIV/AIDS have many more average partners than gay/bisexual men without HIV/AIDS

Average is 7.9 partners in 2 months and gay men with HIV/Aids have more partners than gay men without HIV/Aids:(

yeah thats certainly not love, its lust. on the bright side i think its well proven how prayer can fix lust. maybe thats something we should work on as a society instead of just treating the symptoms.

Who needs friends that fail you when you need them most?

The only time a condom can fail to prevent conception is when the woman is fertile or about to become fertile. During the other times, you don’t need a condom to prevent pregnancy.

But, the method effectiveness rate for condoms is compiled based on every day of the cycle, not just the fertile days. I would say that if they measured the method effectiveness rate of condoms based on the fertile days only (do they prevent pregnancy when the woman is fertile) you would see a much lower effectiveness rate.

Why do I say this? Because if you are expecting a condom to prevent the transmission of disease you are playing russian roulette.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.