San Francisco radio stations won't play Lorde's hit song 'Royals' during World Series

foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/10/20/san-francisco-radio-stations-wont-play-lorde-hit-song-royals-during-world/?intcmp=latestnews

I am only putting this here to show the apparent double-standard------San Francisco, home of “freedom for everybody” “banning” a song, (albeit temporarily)…yet try to talk to some there about religious freedom…:rolleyes:

Just for that, I hope the Royals win…:thumbsup:

The Star reported Sunday that Kansas City station KZPT has risen to the challenge and will play the song every hour on the hour between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Tuesday, the day the series opens at Kansas City’s Kauffman Stadium.

In addition to that above, I hope KS stations stop playing Queen and/or Elton John songs for a while…:slight_smile:

(Just kidding on that above, BTW) :thumbsup:.

Comments welcome.

Kansas City could start with Tony Bennett (I Left My Heart in San Francisco) and Rice-a-Roni.

They’d also have to ban Santana, Grateful Dead, Starship, Hot Tuna, Tupac (ok, Marin), John Lee Hooker, Lydia Pense, and others

No Village People records! :blush:

Baseball fans in San Francisco and Kansas City have singled out alternative pop singer Lorde as the latest pawn in their pre-World Series superstitions.

Kansas City fans are rallying around the 17-year-old’s hit single “Royals” – and renditions there of – while Giants fans have banned it from the airwaves.

KFOG Radio in San Francisco announced it wouldn’t play the song during the next week.

csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2014/1020/Royals-banned-Why-San-Francisco-won-t-listen-to-Lorde-song

Okay, KC fans rally around the song, so a station in SF will not play the song. It’s just banter, not a big deal imo.

:D:p:)

You are right…like I said, just pointing out the double standard…:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I think you’re reading too much into this. I’m no fan of the bastion of liberalism that is San Francisco, but this isn’t so much a “ban” as it is good natured competition. It’s similar to New York radio stations “banning” any songs by Boston when the Yankees faced the Red Sox in the playoffs. It’s all in good fun. On the other hand, it was extremely classy when the Yankees played “Sweet Caroline” to honor the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing.

This is all in good fun, anyone who knows baseball can figure this out. I am a Giants fan but I wish both teams the best! :thumbsup:

Private organizations deciding not to do things, explain how this is infringing on freedom?

But… the song says “We’ll never be royals…” :confused:

Why would San Fran have a problem with that? Shouldn’t they make it their anthem instead of banning it? :shrug:

(Must be a slow news day on Fox…) :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.