Sanctification

I’ve been spending some time on the prayer intentions forum and I see some Catholics there who have prayed tens of thousands and in at least one case more than 100,000 times for others.

I’m just kind of tearing up.

There are some amazing beautiful saints walking around on this earth who we might not even notice if we aren’t paying attention.

Is there anything more important that we are doing than praying for and giving service to others? We have about 3 billion heartbeats here on this planet if we live 80 years. How many of them do we spend in glorification of Him? How many do we spend trying to impress others, or our own selves? God knows. And if we look at our lives with eyes open, we know too.

We could do far worse than to go to the prayer intentions forum and see some of the saints that walk among us and let them inspire us to spend those 3 billion, 2 billion, 1 billion, 100,000 or however many heartbeats we have left wisely, with heart turned towards Christ until the end which is ever approaching. Soon we will come to the presence of our Lord and we will know the worth of how we have spent every moment of this priceless and ever so brief lifetime.

God Bless!

Dear Matthew,

Thankyou for opening, my eyes at least, to this part of the forum which I never knew existed.

It really is a beautiful sight to see the Catholics engaged in prayer for others.

I myself, too, pray for the following people in this forum every morning and night:
(I have a list next to my bed and I invoke each of you by name before I pray, the order of names is not relevant)

Brother Vouthon (Sean)
Sister PRMerger
Judas Thaddeus
Betsy (and Noor) and her husband
Tony Fish
Arthra
Matthew Light
RedSoxfan
Meltzerboy
Kaninchen
PJM
Flameburns
IgnatianPhilo
SteveVH
Daler
ChristIsTheWay
Little Star (Ramona)
Rinnie
HappyMe
Sen McGlinn
PorknPie
Fathercome
Bahaitruth
Eric Hilbert
Espero
504Katrin
Openmind77
Martin Jordan
Gary Taylor
Flameburns
Nick44
Randy Carson
Doormouse73
Eddie Too

This list is added to weekly, and also includes family, friends, those who have passed on, and those to whom we are accompanying towards God in our neighbourhood.

If anyone else wishes to be added to this list, I would be honoured :slight_smile:

Great post Matthew :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.