Santorum, Catholic and evangelical groups waiting to endorse Romney

WASHINGTON, D.C., April 18, 2012, (LifeSiteNews.com) – While many pro-life organizations have coalesced around Mitt Romney as the presumptive Republican presidential candidate, some prominent pro-life, pro-family politicians have said they want to see who he chooses for vice president before pledging their support.
Most significant among these is former rival Rick Santorum, who dropped out of the race last Tuesday. Monday night, he held a half-hour conference call with 4,000 participants, which ended without an endorsement.

More…
lifesitenews.com/news/santorum-catholic-and-evangelical-groups-waiting-to-endorse-romney

I read an article this morning, that Santorum is holding off endorsing Romney until he knows what Romneys stance is on some of the important issues. They are talks that the two will meet within the next month to discuss these issues.

I had ppl assume I was voting for Santorium b/c he’s Catholic … NOT SO!

Now I guess they’ll assume Romney …

Had the same thing w/ Sen Kerry …

anyone else have that?

Third party for me.
:cool:

Santorum should wait. There are still primaries to come and “unity” coming at the convention is a better boost to the nominee.

I’m going to vote for Santorum in the California primary. Last time I voted for Romney (over Mc Cain) even though at the time I liked Huckabee better.

I don’t expect either Gingrich or Paul to challenge Romney much, but they will get some votes, and I’d like it if even a non-running Santorum came in second place.

This way Santorum can influence the platform committee, perhaps help Romney salvage the Health Care issue through some strategy (or concessions to conservatives in the form of campaign promises) etc.

A Romney-Santorum ticket would be interesting. Per $ Rick was the better vote-getter.
On the campaign maps, Santorum took more counties than Romney. He will need those Catholic and Evangelical groups not to stay home if he’s is to take some of the critical states.

It was a little surprising to see the Evangelical leaders so strong behind a devout Catholic (Santorum). Surprising too was Evangelical Rick Perry’s endorsement of Romney (a Mormon) vs. Santorum and Gingrich (Baptist turned Catholic) and Ron Paul (Evangelical and Baptist).

Sudden thought: If Romney DOES pick Santorum as VP - will Donald Trump “get it?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.