Sarah Palin Son Arrested For Domestic Violence

N.B.: This happened on MONDAY (before the Trump endorsement on TUESDAY):

As first reported by Gawker, online court records show that Track Palin, 26, was charged yesterday with assault in the fourth degree (domestic violence), interfering with a report of domestic violence, and possession of a weapon while intoxicated. In a press release, Wasilla Police say they responded to a disturbance at around 10 p.m. last night, and that “an investigation revealed Track Palin had committed a domestic violence assault on a female, interfered with her ability to report a crime of domestic violence, and possessed a firearm while intoxicated.” All three charges are misdemeanors.
Source: gawker.com/track-palin-was-charged-with-assault-last-night-1753857153

Another corroborating source:
*“Palin approached Loewe and struck her on the left side of her head near her eye with a closed fist,” the affidavit read. “Loewe got on the ground in a fetal position because she didn’t know what else he would do. Palin then kicked Loewe on the right knee.”

The argument escalated. Track went inside the home and emerged with a gun, Loewe alleged, yelling “Do you think I’m a *****?” ****** and “Do you think I won’t do it?”
Source: washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/01/20/sarah-palins-son-track-arrested-at-her-home-girlfriend-concerned-he-would-shoot-himself/

This probably explains the “surprise” endorsement for Trump – wanted to divert attention away from the home front – the Trump campaign probably isn’t too happy right about now.*

So what ! He’s 26 yrs old. It’s his own bad actions not his mother’s.

If you ever associate with lawyers who do Family Law cases (I’m related to two) they’ll tell you a large portion of these complaints are filed in order to get an advantage in possession of home, property and children. They’re almost always filed by women because the ones filed by men are viewed very skeptically by judges. Still, some succeed.

Is he running for public office? If not, this matter is between him, the person he allegedly assaulted, and the courts. If he is guilty throw him in jail. Otherwise who cares?

Yes, I agree.:thumbsup:

But there is a certain amount of irony that the candidate she endorsed tries to pin the indiscretions of the husband of his Democratic rival on her.:shrug:

Yup. It’s almost standard of procedure.

That being said, overall her children give the Kardashians a run for their money in the trailer trash tabloid department.

Family matters are private affairs*

*If your name is Kennedy.

Good points.

Sounds to me like it’s more about helping the DNC than it is about the safety of Loewe.:o

This American liberal “obsession” with children of conservatives, and specifically, the Palin family, is quite disturbing. Granted, this young man is 26, but by certain liberal standards, well, he is still a kid, so…

That’s reaching, especially given the timeline that has been emphasized in bold in post #1.

I Can’t Remember if I Cried When I Read About His Battered Bride, But Something Touched Me Deep Inside the Day They Arrested Don McLean for Domestic Violence

Since someone is hung up on domestic violence gigs.

rumfordmeteor.com/don-mclean-domestic-violence-arrest/

Hillary was in charge of smearing the women Bill cheated with. She was an active participant in enabling her husband to commit his indiscretions, not an innocent bystander.

Hillary Clinton is no friend of women. And any woman that claims to be a feminist and endorses her, is no feminist. If Hillary was smart, at the rate she’s going, she would hang up her dreams and call it a political day and just retire into oblivion with her obnoxious husband.

You’ve got me all wrong…while I was speaking of irony, I very, very much want Trump to win the GOP nomination.

Tabloid shame sells doesn’t it? Especially to ignorant people. This is a very sad, troublesome story and you can be sure the parents are suffering as well. We all know sin is the most harmful and sad to earn forgiveness. I think a reality tv family that is rolling $ into gold might be leading in behavior troubles. It seems that good families are often the target of the evil one. They are more valuable to capture. Say a prayer for all sinners and one especially for Track (why not - its all the better for him even if he is not guilty of this!)

I know this is off topic but Don McLean’s arrest bummed me out a bit. I love his voice, I wish I could sing like him. Killing Me Softly With His Song was written about him.

He is a combat vet. Before we turn this into a political thing, we need to understand the hell he may be going through as well. He needs our prayers and he needs to heal and get rid of his demons.

more info
news.nationalpost.com/news/sarah-palins-son-track-arrested-on-domestic-violence-charges-night-before-her-trump-endorsement

Exactly!

It is easy to overlook what post combat stress can cause because time goes by and other than the close relationships, nobody sees it. Prayers for him and all those who have returned with that stress that tries to overpower. We need to ensure every one that returns is put back together.

He had serious problems with drug addiction, alcohol, and criminal activity before he enlisted. Its possible his experience only made these problems worse or it could just be who he is. We don’t know.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.