Sarcasm to parents?

Would a sarcastic "thank you," (not yelled, just stated) be considered dishonoring your parents? It was sort of a slip, I think. Obviously, I wouldn't want to outright disrespect them. Venial I'm guessing?:shrug:

Don't sweat it. Apologize to them and move on. What a great kid you are to even think twice about it!! I have to take the x-box away from mine to get them to see they did anything wrong!!

That's part of the problem, now that I'm scrupulous I think twice about everything!

OK then, I'm a mom......... NO BIG DEAL! Apologize and move on. :)
It wasn't intentional or premeditated.

As for scrupulosity, it is a form of OCD. Put a thread out on that topic and you will get loads of advice from others on CAF who have it.

If you are located in the US....... Happy Thanksgiving!

I should also add that I just apologized, and she didn't even remember at first.:blush:

Hey, real time!! :smiley:

See? moms forget easily. now enjoy the feast tomorrow!

Thanks, have a happy Thanksgiving too!

I'm a mother. Thanks for giving me a good chuckle!
By the way, forgiving one's kids is a passion, not an option!

[quote="Catholic555, post:1, topic:177549"]
Would a sarcastic "thank you," (not yelled, just stated) be considered dishonoring your parents? It was sort of a slip, I think. Obviously, I wouldn't want to outright disrespect them. Venial I'm guessing?:shrug:

[/quote]

Look, you really need to get squared away on what the definition of mortal sin is so that you can see for yourself whether you've committed it or not, most of the time. People on CAF often commit venial sins and think they're mortal. It's not that easy to commit a mortal sin, unless you're either addicted to it or habitually involved in it. Those two circumstances can lead a person to commit mortal sin easily or often, but because each mortal sin is a premeditated act (never anything spur of the moment like your "thank-you") that is a grave violation of God's moral law (which your sin also is not), an act that is not an accident but is done on purpose and is a very serious one, most of the time our sins are not mortal. Almost all the time. It's actually hard to commit a mortal sin if you're trying to live a good Catholic life.

Here's the definition of mortal sin from the Catechism. This should clear your mind that most of your future offenses are going to all be venial. Your sin has to meet all these conditions to be mortal. The vast majority of sins meet none of these.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.