Sarin gas materials sent to Isis from Turkey, claims MP Eren Erdem

Erdem showed parliament copy of the criminal case (number 2013/120) that was opened by the General Prosecutor’s Office in the city of Adana in southern Turkey.
He said evidence from that this case shows various Turkish nationals were dealing directly with Isis and other terrorist groups in Syria, supplying them with sarin gas.
The MP said authorities conducted raids and arrested 13 suspects in the case. But a week later the case was closed and all the suspects crossed from Turkey into Syria.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/world-news/sarin-gas-materials-sent-to-isis-from-turkey-claims-mp-eren-erdem-34286662.html

Sarin is difficult to make since even exposure to very, very small amounts of the finished product is highly toxic, which also makes handling and dispersal highly dangerous. Finally, I doubt this story. No government would go public with this sort of information.

Ed

Also…

“Numerous claims Russia used white phosphorus illegally against civilians”

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3340056/Is-Russia-breaking-Geneva-Convention-using-deadly-white-phosphorus-Syria-Claims-images-footage-incendiary-dropped-civilians.html

Sad. White phosphorous grenades and bombs were used during World War II. It cannot be extinguished with water.

Ed

ibtimes.co.uk/turkey-youtube-ban-full-transcript-leaked-syria-war-conversation-between-erdogan-officials-1442161

According to Seymour Hersh, the operation was directed by CIA and MI6.

The MP is being charged with treason.

I think a nation is measured by how it treats whistleblowers.

The actual crime the whistleblower exposed is usually swept under the rug, while the whistleblower is raked through the coals.

Snowden and Vanunu are prime examples.

Whistle blowers? Some people use the word Traitor.

Seymour Hersch, doesn’t sound totally solid: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seymour_Hersh

On 8 December 2013, the London Review of Books published an online article by Hersh alleging that President Obama had “omitted important intelligence, and in others he presented assumptions as facts” in his assertion during his televised speech of 10 September that Bashar Al-Assad’s regime had been responsible for the use of sarin in the Ghouta chemical attack of 21 August 2013 against a rebel-held district of Damascus.[50] In particular, Hersh wrote of anonymous intelligence sources telling him that the Syrian army was not the only agency with access to sarin, referring to the Al-Nusra Front Jihadist group, and that, during the period before the Ghouta attack, secretly implanted sensors at the country’s known bases had not detected suspicious movements suggesting a forthcoming chemical attack in the period.[50] The New Yorker and The Washington Post had both decided against publishing this account.[51]

Eliot Higgins, an amateur blogger, using YouTube video evidence, argued that the type of ammunition used in the Ghouta attack was only in possession of Syrian government forces, apparently ruling out state-sponsored rebels.[citation needed] He claimed the range of the rockets used was consistent with them being fired from government-held territory, though this was discerned only through watching videos on YouTube and referencing Google Earth.[citation needed] In a MintPress News interview between MIT professor Theodore Postol, Hersh, and Higgins, Postol supported Hersh’s assessment and criticized Higgins, saying the latter “has done a very nice job collecting information on a website. As far as his analysis, it’s so lacking any analytical foundation it’s clear he has no idea what he’s talking about.”[52]

Yeah, but it’s just semantics. In 1963, Americans would have overwhelming declared that whoever murdered Kennedy was a traitor, and now you’re considered a pinko if you don’t worship the CIA. I consider someone revealing vile secrets about chemical warfare a hero. It is strange to say, but treachery in that situation is actually a form of moral courage.

As far as Hersh goes, he’s proven himself solid through and through. His book The Samson Option made a terrifically positive impression on me.

No, no one is considered a pinko if they don’t worship the CIA.

Mao, Hitler, Stalin are the biggest murderers of the 20th century, feel free to idolize these people, different strokes.

At what point has the poster you are responding to made reference to idolizing any of those individuals?

I guess it matches this statement:

" Americans would have overwhelming declared that whoever murdered Kennedy was a traitor, and now you’re considered a pinko if you don’t worship the CIA. "

I rather fail to see how you have arrived at that conclusion.

“pinko”? It’s been decades since I’ve heard that word. When President Kennedy was assassinated, the world was told a lone “Fair Play for Cuba” nut used a cheap Italian rifle he bought through the mail to kill him. Why did he do it? Did he actually do it? We still don’t know.

Ed

At last, another news source picked up the story aside from RT - good for the BT for once!

Erdem held a press conference on Monday that included CNN, but no other MSM outlet ran with it.

He’s since been charged with treason, quelle surprise. :rolleyes:

The fact he already raised the issue, within the parliament, prior to his disclosure is good evidence, but if the ‘world’ ain’t interested because it doesn’t suit their current ‘game-plan’, then he’ll no doubt be arrested and the story quashed.

No, that’s not true, because I’ve mentioned CIA in two other threads and both times it was strongly inferred that my referencing of history makes me unAmerican. Precisely the opposite is true, because, for one, CIA has trampled all over the Constitution dozens of times since the early nineteen fifties. I other words, we haven’t declared war since 1941, but how many wars has CIA created out of thin air and dragged us into. And again, the semantics of war mean nothing to me; calling a war a “conflict” doesn’t change anything. Therefore, without any exceptions, patriotic Americans despise CIA and US foreign policy. Any policy that would allow it’s secret police to facilitate shipments of Sarin to psychotic jihadists is beneath contempt, and should be rooted out and exposed.

As far as the other comment goes, that’s as off base as the rest.

Yeah, it’s an old-fashioned word, but I think it should be resurrected.:shrug: A Kennedy assassination thread would be interesting. My own view is that just as countless foreign heads of state have been toppled or murdered, so too has one of our own Presidents. Perhaps you’re right that it can’t quite be stated as categorical fact. At least to many people it can’t.

Reportedly, Exiles from Russia, mainly Chechens have been assassinated in Turkey; so all of this is really the stuff of espionage thrillers:

Assassinations of Rebel-Connected Chechens Continue in Turkey

Another name has been added to the list of Chechens killed outside Russia: Abdulvakhid Edilgeriev was shot dead last month in Istanbul’s Kayasehir district, which many Chechens have made their home. The murder took place in broad daylight—at about 1:30 p.m., on October 1. The Kavkazcenter website reported that Edilgeriev was apparently driving home from his mosque with his four-year-old niece when he was attacked (Kavkazcenter.com, November 3).

jamestown.org/single/?tx_ttnews[tt_news]=44573&tx_ttnews[backPid]=381#.VnQmhU-KZVJ

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.