Sask. Court Overturns Human Rights Ruling against Anti-Homosexuality Activist

From LifeSiteNews:

[quote=LifeSiteNews]Saskatchewan’s Court of Appeal has ruled that an anti-homosexaulity activist did not violate the province’s human rights code by publicly criticizing homosexuality through a series of flyers he distributed in Saskatoon and Regina in 2001 and 2002.
[/quote]

Seems like the justice system does work sometimes. Now if we can just get rid of the kangaroo courts here (ie the so-called human rights commissions), which ironically seem to spend more time restricting rights than protecting them.

Maybe they’ll overturn the firing of the marriage commissioner who was fired for refusing to perform a same-sex “marriage” next.

It is quite amusing and telling how some of you are obsessed with homosexuality and homosexuals.

It is not amusing on the other hand how liberals no longer give a tinkers bell over the idea of liberties, such as freedom of speech and thought.

The smiley faced fascists of Canada’s human rights commissions have done irreparable harm to the fight to free speech in Canada.

[quote="Darryl1958, post:3, topic:188973"]
It is not amusing on the other hand how liberals no longer give a tinkers bell over the idea of liberties, such as freedom of speech and thought.

The smiley faced fascists of Canada's human rights commissions have done irreparable harm to the fight to free speech in Canada.

[/quote]

Ahhh yessss...."the evil liberals are taking away our freedoms" argument...

yeah...I know where this is going...

LOL...so predictable.

But... they are! Liberals are... why is this even being discussed?
Some ground is being gained here in Canada... when one can speak ANYTHING of a Homosexual in public and not be laid low by the scourge in the guise of "Liberals", that fester within our country.

[quote="Mist, post:5, topic:188973"]
But... they are! Liberals are... why is this even being discussed?

[/quote]

Yeah, they are also contaminating the nations water supply to turn everyone gay and are forcing every pregnant woman to get an abortion.

Do you have anything intelligent to add or just smarmy remarks?

Why would they poison the water?... when the minds of so many already are. Golly, get your facts right:)

[quote="Boddhissatva, post:2, topic:188973"]
It is quite amusing and telling how some of you are obsessed with homosexuality and homosexuals.

[/quote]

Same could be said about an agnostic or atheist that hangs around a Catholic website, obsessed with what we discuss.

[quote="Mist, post:7, topic:188973"]
Do you have anything intelligent to add or just smarmy remarks?

[/quote]

With partisan hacks and "catholics" whom are more concerned with homosexuality than poverty, famine, pestilience, war, and inhumanity......absolutely.

[quote="wabrams, post:9, topic:188973"]
Same could be said about an agnostic or atheist that hangs around a Catholic website, obsessed with what we discuss.

[/quote]

Oh, I believe in God...I just don't take joy in treating homosexuals as second class citizens as many of you seem to do.

This is one thread about a man being able to speak against "Gays".
Why must we all of a sudden speak of other things?
Is it common practise to start talking about 'A' and then all of a sudden veer off to 'B'.
Go to a different thread and speak about it or start your own.

Instead of trying to gain the "Moral high ground" by switching to things completely unrelated to this thread... you could stay on topic.

Though, I, being some "Catholic hack", who am I to question the righteousness of you.

[quote="Boddhissatva, post:11, topic:188973"]
Oh, I believe in God...I just don't take joy in treating homosexuals as second class citizens as many of you seem to do.

[/quote]

You bemoan the oh so "downtrodden" gays in Canada. As if they are truly second class citizens. I see none of them serving us as slaves... being killed en masse or what ever ridiculous notion you seem to have accustomed from scooling.

[quote="Mist, post:12, topic:188973"]
This is one thread about a man being able to speak against "Gays".
Why must we all of a sudden speak of other things?
Is it common practise to start talking about 'A' and then all of a sudden veer off to 'B'.
Go to a different thread and speak about it or start your own.

Instead of trying to gain the "Moral high ground" by switching to things completely unrelated to this thread... you could stay on topic.

Though, I, being some "Catholic hack", who am I to question the righteousness of you.

[/quote]

Try reading carefully. I said "partisan hack" and "catholics."

I'm just merely commenting on how obsessed many of you are regarding all things homosexual.

A lot of you have your priorities horribly out of order, especially in regards to forwarding Good in the world.

[quote="Mist, post:13, topic:188973"]
You bemoan the oh so "downtrodden" gays in Canada. As if they are truly second class citizens. I see none of them serving us as slaves... being killed en masse or what ever ridiculous notion you seem to have accustomed from scooling.

[/quote]

Oh...please excuse me for taking the RIDICULOUS notion of treating gays as human and not "horrible sinners" destined for hell.

I never said they were going to hell? I figure you assume cause I am one of those most dreadful Catholics, what with my "Fire and Brimstone".
Nobody on this thread is saying treat Gays as subhumans.
Why must you stray outside of what is being discussed to make any sort of point?

Actually…many of my close family members are Catholic…my advisor at my college was a Catholic Priest…

I have nothing against Catholics…I do take issue with catholics who spend an inordinate amount of time on the topic of homosexuality.

That is understandable. There are more important things to be discussed. Though when freedom of speech comes into question, I am sure many of us can come into agreement that, when that is subverteted by a minority, as so they can avoid being offended. It becomes a much more pressing matter.

[quote="Mist, post:18, topic:188973"]
That is understandable. There are more important things to be discussed. Though when freedom of speech comes into question, I am sure many of us can come into agreement that, when that is subverteted by a minority, as so they can avoid being offended. It becomes a much more pressing matter.

[/quote]

Hmm...perhaps I may have over-reacted.

On what basis do you make the above claim? Also, why do you assume that Catholics are so one dimensional.

I know very little of the people who post here. Most spend a lot of time not on the computer. For example, driving home from work last Saturday I saw two people hitchhiking in the dark. Eli and Jen needed to go to the town 16 miles past where I live. I took the time to make sure they got there safely. They had been stuck in the nearby city because the bus did not run that evening. [Picking up hitchhikers is one of the joys of being a single man.]

How many other people might you have offended by the off the cuff comment? I am not seeking an argument here. I only hope to prompt more thought.

By the way my cousin Dennis died of AIDS. I make note of this so you know I do have first hand experience with the lives of homosexuals. It is not all love and happiness.

God bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.