sATAN HAS MY SON

Please pray for my son Steven,who is addicted to cocaine, and is out in the streets for three days,Pray for his safety and that the Holy Spirit gives him a moment of clarity,so he comes home and wants help.Some of you probably remember Steven, from about a year and a half ago,he went to prison, and got out last year and was doing well,something set him off and he’s back out there.Please pray with me for him,in JESUS name I pray
Bubbie
Dianne

Father in Jesus’ name I ask that will wil give graces of relaization to Steven that he is destroying himself and needs to present himself for help to overcome this life and mind-desroying addiction. Please give him all the graces and help to turn his life around and to live as one whose life is precious to You.

Father please help Dianne through all this sorrow and worry with peace and trust. Please comfort her in allowing her come to see her son live a wholesome life in accordance with the gospel, and in faitfulness to the Sacraments.

Thank You, Father

Trishie,thank you so much for prayer I’m feeling very alone and so scared for my son,desperate I feel,and I know the prayers in this forum work,from his past problems.Thank you again GOD love and bless you
Dianne

Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel, Commander of the Heavenly Hosts

So glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day.

St. Michael, please bring this boy home, and vanquish the enemies, through Christ Our Lord. Amen!

Thank you Shin,I always pray for St michael,to intercede for me,Thank you from the bottom of my hurting heart,GOD bless you
Dianne

Hey Bubbie,
My prayers are definately with you and with Steven! I’m praying now!
Pam

Thanks Pam, never thought I’d be in this situation again,but its nice seeing you again.I’m so afraid,like maybe GOD is done with him. Dianne

Bubbie,
We give up on God, he never gives up on us! We are all his children. Imagine how he must feel, you are Steven’s Mother, and he is his heavenly Father. He feels your pain and cares very much for Steven and for you. You just keep praying, he hears you.
God Bless,
Pam

LORD Jesus
Guide ur Son

Praying hard for you and Steven, Dianne. May the Holy Spirit guide him.

I will never forget you. See, upon the palms of my hands I have written your name.
Isaiah 49:15,16

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and
snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Holy Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our safeguard against the wickedness and
snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God
cast into hell satan and all the evil spirits who wander
through the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen

Dear Most Precious Lord, if it be your well, bless your brother Steven with your peace and healing love. Make him whole physically and emotionally. Send your spirit to confirm and console this poor soul who has lost his way. Lord, hear the prayer of your servants on earth on earth.

Thank you Lord.

Amen.

Sober Catholic

Feast of Saint Maximilian Kolbe
Posted: 14 Aug 2009 04:53 AM PDT
A friend of mine on Twitter just posted this link about the saint who’s Feast day the Church celebrates today: Saint Maximilian Kolbe
TODAY WILL YOU JOIN ME IN ASKING FOR INTERSESSION BY SAINT MAXIMILIAN KOLBE,TO" OUR LORD" FOR STEVEN,HE, IS THE PATRON SAINT OF ADDICTION AND ADDICTS.THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS,YOU ARE HOLDING ME TOGETHER RIGHT NOW. DIANNE

Saint Maximilian Kolbe

O Lord Jesus Christ who said, “greater love than this no man has that a man lay down his life for his friends,” through the intercession of St. Maximilian Kolbe, whose life illustrated such love, we beseech You to grant us our petitions “for Steven’s safety and that the Holy Spirit gives him a moment of clarity, so he comes home and wants help”.
Grant O Lord Jesus, that we too may give ourselves entirely without reserve to the love and service of our Heavenly Queen in order to better love and serve our fellowman in imitation of Your humble servant, Maximilian. Amen.

Thank you Suzanne,GOD love and bless you:signofcross:

Praying hard to St. Maximillian Kolbe.

I’m praying for you. I have a daughter who is addicted to drugs and I’ve been where you are. Try to get some help for yourself…alanon, naranon. These programs help you to cope. It took me along time to realize that I was actually hurting my daughter and protecting her drug addiction & not her. I had no idea that I was a big financier of her drug habit…
Learn to leave your son at the foot of the cross. I said many, many rosaries especially the Sorrowful mysteries and Mary knows that you are standing at the foot of the cross watching your child be crucified. It doesn’t matter if he’s guilty…the sorrow & anguish & helplessness we feel is the same.
Don’t try to go this alone…go out & seek help God uses people to help one another. This is a battle with the hell…learn the rules of engagement and learn how to beat this demon. He is cunning, baffling & powerful and he will use any means possible to keep control. I cannot stress enough go to those who have fought & are still fighting this battle inconjunction with your prayers. Attend open AA meetings or open NA meetings. As you learn and get better & stronger you will be able to help your son & yourself. This is a family disease and we cannot help an active addict or substance abuser the same way we help another person who is just down on their luck. And remember to separate the addict (the disease from the person). I lived with my daughter’s drug addiction for several years and prayed, & prayed like mad…I prayed for a miracle I cannot stress enough you have to put some action behind that prayer…God will do for you what you can’t do for yourself. This is what worked for me and the more you know the easier it is to corner this disease and call your son on his actions…there is no other way to fight except through tough love…but you have to learn how to apply tough love…it doesn’t mean yelling, screaming, threatening etc. My daughter is now 8 months clean and she was so close to death she was also on probation & looking at 5 years of prison. I was backed in a corner, the only way to save her life was to get her probation violated but guess what her po didn’t do anything. As much as I tried and prayed it was along time until something happened & that was after several people calling the probation office trying to get her help. She finally was arrested & violated that saved her life. I didn’t know what to do what was going to happen she has 2 small children & I couldn’t get past what a life they have to look forward to. Mom in prison for 5 years and then getting out & starting the drug use again or mom dead. But I had help from God & the people he put into my life, in my case AA…and I had to learn & learn & trust. When she went back to court she didn’t go to prison as she should have…but she went to a rehab and started to work a program of recovery and now I have a beautiful daughter again who growing each day and becoming a loving, caring responsible mother…One day at at time. I apologize for this being so long. God Bless

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.