Satan is angry

Pray for me, that God’s Mercy may continually be on me. I am a sinner, so I always need God’s Mercy. So please pray for me.

Satan smacked the bar that I keep my towels on down on the floor because I made this thread. I know it sounds crazy, but at first I thought he did it because I was sinning again, but then I remembered St. Faustina once said Satan banged against her cell because of her writing and trust in God (by God’s grace I am writing in imitation of her, writing this demonic incident down for the praise of God, who has not allowed the devil to hurt me in His Mercy…but please pray for me, because I am a poor sinner).

are you sure it was Satan, because our towel bar has fallen down before and it’s been either because there were too many towels on it or one of the kids was hanging on it…I’d check it out a little further…our shower curtain bar has fallen down too…

There are only two towels on it, and it never falls down even with three towels on it.

Everyone, please pray for my brother: Satan has caused him to get ill. And please offer the crosses of the world for the comfort of Jesus and conversion of sinners!

prayers for you…

I have a bit of advice for you. I hope it’s the right advice, I pray God will let you know if it’s not. But I read about the Saints, how when they were attacked by the enemy they totally ignored him and turned to God…they didn’t listen to anything he said or did…and just kept on praying. And the devil couldn’t do anything with them. Right when we enter into a conversation with the enemy, he has power over us. Keep your eyes on God, and pray the St Michael prayer and the Rosary.

God bless.

also, remember that the devil doesn’t have total power over the world. There may be things that are just natural, but the devil wants you to think HE did them, so you’ll be more afraid of him and feel intimidated.

I don’t know why your brother is sick, but I will pray that he gets better :slight_smile:

just keep your eyes on God, can’t go wrong there. :slight_smile:

and who knows, maybe I’m wrong and it is in fact satan who’s behind ALL of this. but even so… God is stronger. …Mary is stronger too! in fact the devil fears her, although he was an archangel and she is a human.

Don’t be afraid of the bark. :slight_smile: Be afraid of sin.

Hold fast to God!

• St. Michael the Archangel defend us in battle. . .

Ave Maria. . .

Pater Noster. . .

I was just reading this from the account of St. Bridget of Sweden:

"My name is Mary, as the Gospel says. When the angels hear this name, they rejoice in their understanding and give thanks to God because he worked so great a grace through me and with me and because they see the humanity of my Son glorified in his divinity. The souls in purgatory rejoice beyond measure, just like a sick man does as he lies in bed and hears a word of comfort from others and it pleases his heart and makes him suddenly glad.

At the sound of my name, the good angels immediately draw closer to the just souls to whom they have been given as guardians and rejoice over their progress. Good angels have been given to everyone as a protection and bad angels as a test. It is not that angels are ever separated from God, but, rather, that they assist the soul without leaving God and remain steadily in his presence while still inflaming and inciting the soul to do good. The demons all dread and fear this name. At the sound of the name of Mary, they immediately let the soul go out of their clutches. Like a bird with its claws and beak on its prey leaves it as soon as it hears a sound, but comes right back when it sees nothing happening afterward, so too the demons let go of a soul, frightened at the sound of my name, but fly back and return to it again as swift as an arrow, unless they see some improvement afterward.

No one is so cold in the love of God - unless he be one of the damned - that the devil does not immediately draw away from him if he invokes my name with the intention of never returning to his bad habits, and the devil keeps away from him unless he resumes his intention of sinning mortally. However, sometimes the devil is allowed to trouble him for the sake of his greater reward, but never to gain possession of him."

Ah this is lovely isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Jesus and Mary save souls!

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Amen.

Mary, mother of us all, please keep your child Eucharisted under your mantle of protection.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.