Satan ruler fo Earth?

I spoke online about how Hell is a prison and Satan is not in charge of Heaven nor Earth, but a cynical illuminati-believer says “then you are foolishly mistake, Satan is ruler of the realm of Earth. Biblical” how does one respond to this with scripture…since its the only way to get to him

25At that time Jesus said, "I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants.
Matthew 11:25

Also, Psalm 24:1.

I am sure there are many more Biblical references that one could find.

Blessings to you,
RC :wink:

gotquestions.org/Satan-god-world.html
Although this doesn’t appear to be a Catholic sight, the answer given seems to be well stated.

RC :wink:

Paul does identify Satan as “God of this World/Age,” which is not to call him a divine
being, but rather this world is in Sin, under Satan’s domain, he may have suffered his
worst loss yet to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus, but this World/Age is still kin-
da under the power of the Evil One.

Actually, he’s somewhat correct, though it must be taken in full context. But Jesus does refer to Satan as, depending upon the translation, the “ruler” or “prince” of this world.

I guess you could put it this way. God is the authentic King of all creation including the earth, but there is a particularly nasty rebel here called Satan, and he has staked out the earth as his domain. That is why Satan is called the prince of this world.

Pax Christi.

The enemy’s permanent realm is hell. Temporary rulership is granted to the king of losers over this impermanent world. Well, he can have it. We’re not his subjects; we’re just passing through.

God bless.

If you read the bible, there are stories of Jesus and his apostles, casting out demons and destroying demons which explicitly indicating the power of Jesus over satan.
is satan really the ruler? No but he rules in the sense when people cooperate with him in his so many cunning, and inhuman tactical deceptions,temptations and deeds.
hear are few texts to read;
Mathew 16:18-19
John 16:11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.